TCW3 & DI Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a thought concerning the use of TCW3 in my Mazda DI engine. All the fuel does not get burned when in high power use (A/F ratio of ~ 10:1). The addition of TCW3 (1/500 ratio)probably does not all get burned. This may exacerbate the problem of intake valves getting carboned up via the PCV system. Possibly the addition of TCW3 is not a good idea.I would like to hear opinions from those with some background in DI engines and intake valve issues.

Id think so, yes. I personally like the RLI Bio plus bc of the upper cylinder lube in an ester form that will clean if it gets into the intake. Redline would be a good idea as well.

Originally Posted By: Nederlander75
Id think so, yes. I personally like the RLI Bio plus bc of the upper cylinder lube in an ester form that will clean if it gets into the intake. Redline would be a good idea as well.

The Pennzoil Synthetic TC-W3 is an ester-based oil.

============================================================
Originally Posted By: StevieC
It will work the same but you will want to use less in your ratio.
I would say about 1/3 less TCW3 to fuel.

I dunno about that. In the non-DI engines, you get the benefit of the fuel, and whatever you've added to it (for better or worse) washing over the intake valves as it transits into the combustion chamber. In the DI engines, this potentially critical phase in mixture movement is missing, as the fuel enters the CC directly. I'm presently theorizing that some of the horribly messed up DI engine intake valves are becoming victims of getting nothing but smutty PCV vapors in the intake air stream, which then create an awful carbon build up on those valves.

I've been running a 1/500 mix of TCW3 and am starting to think it was a bad but, recommended idea. ekpolk explained what I tried to state in my opening question. I think I will reduce the mix to 1/750 until the last TCW3 is gone and that will be the end of it, unless I hear a convincing evidence to continue with the mix. Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back