Windows 7 Premium Upgrade deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bestbuy and OfficeMax both have a deal on the Windows 7 Premium Upgrade Family pack. 3 licenses for $ 149.00.

Good deal to get OS upgrade for $ 50.00.

That's the MSRP. Still a fair deal considering the single upgrade license price.

Everyone now is stocking the "family pack" . . . "while supplies last".

Plenty of places have it for a little less: B&H, Sams, Costco, etc.

Hint, hint, hint: there's apparently a way to clean install W7 on a bone empty HDD, off the upgrade media, with NO pre-installed OS OR qualifying product disk needed during the process. Google it for particulars. This raises some very interesting options. Of course, always heed the upgrade EULA terms . . . I only throw this out for the folks with qualifying product looking to avoid a time-consuming double-install upgrade process.

If you or your children have a college or university email (edu), Windows 7 on download is $29.99..No tax. 30 day download ability
Add $5.00 for unlimited time download
Add $13 for install disk sent to you.
Prices are for 1 computer

Originally Posted By: freeze12
I was told by Microsoft that this package will only work for Vista installed machines and not Win XP

That would be different than their website info. Their website says both XP and Vista qualify.

Originally Posted By: freeze12
I was told by Microsoft that this package will only work for Vista installed machines and not Win XP

. . . read the surrounding posts and Google. You may be surprised.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Did you buy it from your school?

Nope. I purchased it directly from Microsoft.

You sure that Windows 7 pro isn't a counterfeit? I can't believe Pro would ever be that cheap.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
You sure that Windows 7 pro isn't a counterfeit? I can't believe Pro would ever be that cheap.

Check out Ebay they were selling just the activation code for dirt cheap price. This started last month. Now I see it has cooled down no bargain price like this past weekend. If you had a Window 7 disk you could use that and activate with the new code. Buy one Window 7 Pro and buy the activation code dirt cheap.

Students can get a legit upgrade for $29.99 if they have a valid .edu address.

Trying to decide if I want it.

For the people who already have it, is it worth it over Vista? How long did it take you to install and any problems?

We bought three using student ID's. Two were internet downloads, one with a disk. The internet download installed in a reasonable time on a complete re install replacing Windows 7 RC.

Give it a try. IMO it is worth it just in speed alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back