PureONE vs. Bosch Premium with FILTECH Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
- Bosch Oil Filter Features and Benefits:

- Exclusive FILTECH media technology Screens out more harmful contaminants for greater engine protection.

- Stronger steel baseplates and housings Prevent warpage, leaks and poor fit.

- Silicone anti-drain back valve Ensures a supply of clean oil when you start your car.

- High lubricity gasket design Provides a tight seal, yet easy removal.

- Double-locked rolled seam Forms a leak free canister.

What y'all say?
coffee2.gif

Same guts used in both filters, so many say. Purolator calls their media "Micronic" on the PureONE.

PureONE_Oilcutaway.jpg

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
^
So you're sayng it comes down to a preference
between textured yellow and gloss black?
55.gif

That's my understanding. Unless someone can prove there's an actual difference between the guts of Bosch Premium and PureONE, the theory is they are the same with different branding.

Bosch owns Purolator (sister companies).

They say exclusive filtech media now, and said exclusive filtech media before, when it was made by Champion. That's where the confusion comes in. I wonder also, as looking in at the media on the two I have here, the media looks about like it did before. But that isn't much of a test. For sure Purolator isn't buying media from Champ. Or maybe they buy it from China to save money, who knows these days.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Same thing
+1 You can look at the filter study below. For the naysayer here, yes it's almost 3yrs old now (still one of the most recent I've seen), but quite obviously, it's after the Champion made Bosch and still says Filtec. Also quite obviously, now made by Purolator. Check out Deep Lava's(scroll) spreadsheet.

Buy whichever you can get for less.
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/31190-oil-filters-dissected.html

My guess is that none of the filter companies make their own media, but that is just a guess based on other industries I know. Very few companies these days make all of the components of their end products. I hate to say it, but that way the filter might be able to say "Made in the USA" on the outside, even though the media comes from Brazil, the can comes from India, etc. Just guessing though.

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
My guess is that none of the filter companies make their own media, but that is just a guess based on other industries I know. Very few companies these days make all of the components of their end products. I hate to say it, but that way the filter might be able to say "Made in the USA" on the outside, even though the media comes from Brazil, the can comes from India, etc. Just guessing though.

Donaldson does. But they tend to pioneer stuff like that.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back