Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2007 model Giro Atmos. It works fine, but I paid way too much for it.

Truth be told, anything from Bell or Giro that fits your head will work fine and be safe. Other than trying to impress fellow cycling snobs, there is no good reason to spend a lot of money on a helmet.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I have a 2007 model Giro Atmos. It works fine, but I paid way too much for it.

Truth be told, anything from Bell or Giro that fits your head will work fine and be safe. Other than trying to impress fellow cycling snobs, there is no good reason to spend a lot of money on a helmet.

1+ agree 100% :) I had the Atmos and also paid way too much for it
frown.gif
but if you can find it for a good deal, go for it. It's nice and light and looks great. I've never tried the other one you linked but I'm sure it's fine.

I need a new helmet too, but I'm going with a $30 one @ ****'s. LOL. Look at the Critic deviating from his normal conservative ways. A $100 helmet, a $300 torque wrench.....you ok Critic?
grin2.gif

Either of those helmets are good. I prefer Bell, specifically the Sweep, because it fits my head better. But, as we previously mentioned, you cant go wrong with Bell or Giro.

edited to say I have noticed that, typically (to a point), the more you spend for a helmet, the better and more open the venting is and the cooler your head will be. This is especially important of you ride a lot of mountain trails or do road training in the summer months. It makes a world of difference.

Last edited:
I was at REI today and found a blue/white/black Giro Atmos for $99. While it is a decent helmet, I'm rather disappointed that it is Made in China.

Get something at actually fits your head. Everybody's head is slightly different & different helmets work better on different heads. Try them out at your LBS. Sometimes your LBS runs good sales as well.

I have a specialized MTB helmet (I forget which model). My LBS had a clearance on helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back