Post all GC (German Castrol) Topics Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Originally posted by glxpassat:
I believe it was Dr. T who first noticed it. He reported it and somebody else tried it. No one thought it was special until the UOA's started showing great results with little or no shearing of the oil. Many believe it is an ester based oil due to the smell. If that is true, and we will know whenever the current test results are in, it represents a great value at $5 a quart.

Dr T may have been the first to see it but Patman was the one, as I recall, who kicked off the enthusiasm...and then I got in the middle of it. I must correct one thing...I was hooked before the first UOA appeared because it was EURO OIL and that was all I needed to know! Since then the UOAs have given "scientific" support for my initially emotional response.

Yep, Dr.T noticed it first, and then I was the first one to buy the oil and put it into an engine. I was also the first one to post a UOA for it. The love affair with this oil has continued ever since.
smile.gif

ALERT, DEFCON2

Possible Castrol GC Deception?

Went to AutoZone saw Yellow Label 0W30, on the back place of production is deleted.

Only badged not for sale outside of North America.

Through the level indicator it may have looked green but not sure.

Has Castrol caught on to us and deleted all references to Germany...minus the cryptic no sale outside NA badge?

Or is the American Group III stuff?

Is Red Label dead or was this perhaps old stock?

the first three digits of the date code printed in white letters on the bottom of the bottle will tell when it was made. my guess is it's old stock.

if it's current production stuff, move to elfcon.....i mean defcon 1

Truly suspect this is old stock...the front label design and the stamping on the bottom should clearly ID this as such. Otherwise, agree with WW, it's time to go not to any intermediate levels but straight to ElfCON 5.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

I have GPS cooridnates of all the Ur-GC for sale in this end of the state and my Green Machine fully warmed and ready-to-go liberate it.
tongue.gif

"Went to AutoZone saw Yellow Label 0W30, on the back place of production is deleted.

Only badged not for sale outside of North America."

I am temporarily skeptical that is "old stock."

Hence the importance of my lubrication intel report.

I remember the 1st yellow bottles a year and a half ago said "made from imported and domestic components."

This bottle was fascinating as it did not have this statement.

The lower left made from section is all together deleted as well.

Let us hope your right and Castrol has not Scandalized us again.

It would be horrible if this is domestic Group III with Green dye to decieve us indefinately.

quote:

Originally posted by cweed:
Nooo.... you cannot recreate the greenness of GC with a simple dye.... it is purity, perfection, and all that is goood.... BELIEVE THE GREEN!!

cweed,

You are very perceptive and as you spoke, so it is.
smile.gif

OK, the elves win. A new forum has been created to expand the Horizons for the Green. Any and all GC can be had there. ENJOY.

grin.gif

Nooo.... you cannot recreate the greenness of GC with a simple dye.... it is purity, perfection, and all that is goood.... BELIEVE THE GREEN!!

A very well-done writeup and photographic exhibition...EXCEPT for one problem...I have a group of very compact gentlemen gathered around me right now who are incensed at the statement that the truth may never be known as to the origin of the Elixer...they seldom seek public recognition for their work, but this assertion of uncertainty regarding the Elixer is more than they can bear...the most-common statement I am hearing is that Oil University must have no academic rigor and probably exists only to rack up NCAA Basketball titles through the employ of humans of excess size who consume far too much of the earth's resources...did I get that right meines herren?...Ja?...OK, there you have it.

quote:

Originally posted by Alex D:
So, with all the BS posts here ... do we have a VOA of the M05 batch and M04 batch anywhere yet???
mad.gif

Alex D,

Your request is legitimate and if met, would certainly prove valuable, but something tells me the spirit of "The Elves Communal Gathering Village" hasn't yet captured you.
wink.gif
The posts you cite are part of the raison d'etre of this special forum.
cheers.gif

I own a 2003 Hyundai Elantra, and have used both 10W-30 and 10W-40 oils on my car. I have used Castrol GTX ever since I've had her. I'm considering using GC for my next OC, is it recommended for my app.? Ive read what I could on this stuff and bought some, because it was on sale at Pepboys here in California. I do 90% city driving, get 34-57 degF in the winter and 97-110 degF in the summer. I know it doesn't contain the additives that would boost fuel economy like the other Syntec oils such as the 10W-30. I read on a GC post that someone mixed "1L GC+PP", so can I mix GC w/ castrol syntec 10w-30 to get that fuel efficiency improvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back