How is Amsoil Metal Protector for rust-proofing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My winters can be a little harsh from time to time so I wouldn't mind some sort of rust proofing if we get a lot of snow. I read that Amsoil's Metal Protector can do a good job. Anyone have any hands-on experience with this?

I don't have results yet, but I just applied it the other day when I changed my oil. The can was fairly cheap, and it goes a LONG way. I fairly generously undercaoted my car and there was still plenty left over. I say go for it.

I used it on my 08 Jeep last year, it still looks good, and it goes a long way. I would try and avoid spraying on anything that is rubber. I also shot it into the doors via the drain holes. It takes some time for the smell to gas out, otherwise I think it is a good choice, inexpensive and fairly easy to do. JMO

OOps.... I think I sprayed in on the body mounts (rubber) and one or two of the rubber exhaust hangers, on my car and when I just did the expedition. I hope I didn't damage them...
crazy2.gif

You can spray it on anything underneath the vehicle it will be fine.

Go to RustCheck's website and look up a dealer in Pennsylvania that will do it... Not sure where you are but there are places in PA that carry Rust Check.

Krown would be the best, but it's only in Canada.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
OOps.... I think I sprayed in on the body mounts (rubber) and one or two of the rubber exhaust hangers, on my car and when I just did the expedition. I hope I didn't damage them...
crazy2.gif

As a rule of thumb I try and keep those products off of rubber. In all honesty it probably won't harm anything.

I'm getting ready to check the underside of the Jeep within the next few weeks and touch up any areas that might need another shot of it.

It's too bad you don't have Krown... That stuff contains no solvent and is Environmentally friendly and when you get your car detailed by them they rub that oil compound they rust proof your vehicle with, all over the hoses and plastic parts under your hood, and tire walls because it leaves a long lasting shine that doesn't hurt the rubber, neoprene or plastics your car uses. It looks great too!
20.gif

If it's made of wool grease it would actually help elastomer parts and keep them pliable without degrading the elastomer.

Not sure what the Amsoil HD Metal Protector is made from, I didn't read into it. My bet is it is a petro chemical, and that is why I would shy away from spraying it on rubber parts. Again I don't think it would ruin them either but any time I gamble I usually walk away with a loss.

The preframulated amulite is stretched over the draw reciprocating dingle-arm, thus preventing the Magneto-relucance from encountering sinusoidal depleneration, thus saving the turbo encabulator from total destruction.

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
The preframulated amulite is stretched over the draw reciprocating dingle-arm, thus preventing the Magneto-relucance from encountering sinusoidal depleneration, thus saving the turbo encabulator from total destruction.

Then I guess you can use it for mouth wash and hair spray too!

More than likely all the rubber parts in the undercarriage are made from synethic rubber and can handle the oil in the rustproofing. With all the oil compounds the under side of a car is exposed to I seriously doubt any mfg. uses a type of rubber that would be subject to deteriation.

In Eastern Canada its a common practice to coat the undercarriage with a rustproofing oil.

Common sense will prevail in the end "I Hope".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back