911 (997) Turbo Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary

The M1 0W-40 lubricant currently available in NA is Porsche Approved for use in the OP's vehicle!

Thank God for Doug! You do more for Mobil 1 than anybody.

Can I ask you if you think 0w-40 can be safely used in a vehicle factory spec'd for 5w-30? I have a 1996 Lincoln Town Car, which has the Ford 4.6 in it.

Art,
I just sold my 96 Merc GM in Aug. but always used M1 10-30 and 10-30EP with 10,000 mile OCIs. Mileage at the time I sold it was 218,000 miles. As Doug said I believe the M1 0-40 will work fine in the 4.6.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary

The M1 0W-40 lubricant currently available in NA is Porsche Approved for use in the OP's vehicle!

Thank God for Doug! You do more for Mobil 1 than anybody.

Can I ask you if you think 0w-40 can be safely used in a vehicle factory spec'd for 5w-30? I have a 1996 Lincoln Town Car, which has the Ford 4.6 in it.

Art,
I just sold my 96 Merc GM in Aug. but always used M1 10-30 and 10-30EP with 10,000 mile OCIs. Mileage at the time I sold it was 218,000 miles. As Doug said I believe the M1 0-40 will work fine in the 4.6.

Tig,

I was hoping you were gonna run that Grand Marquis to the million mile mark.
I guess the 0w-40 isn't that much thicker than the 10w-30 you were using.
I'm surprised you never wanted to give the 0w-40 a try yourself. I know you are one of Mobil 1's biggest fans and that is one of, if not, the best products they make.

Art,
I really never gave 0-40 a thought until I heard of BITOG 11 months ago. The M1 10-30 worked so well I didn't see a need to change. The Mercs 4.6 still ran as good as new. Used a qt of oil every 6000 miles as always. I miss the car but really like the Fusion. Can't believe the ride quality from a front wheel drive car. My only concern is the longivity of the duratech 4 cyl engine. All Alum????

Doug,
I ask the longivity question of 4 cyl engines over on Auto gen topics and the responce was as you say. My wife and I drive a lot so we shall see how the Ford engines hold up. Driving to Florida next month 2200 miles round trip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back