Ok I screwed up royally with Easy Off........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a mess in my self cleaning oven...decided to clean it with Easy Off instead of using self cleaning cycle....as fate would have it I used the ^%$#$^ wrong version of Easy Off........

So those of you in the know can guess what happened....up....got a small patch in the oven that is dull now where the coating has come off....not a huge one but it is there...also some little spots of dullness here and there but don't recall any of the easy off being sprayed in those places

SO......I've read 2 things...one can never use the self cleaning cycle again and that is the worst of it....and the other opinion I read is that next time I use the oven the enamel coating in it will bubble up and peel away destroying the oven...

Any advice or ideas what to do next??? Been having a huge stretch of bad luck lately so this should be no surprise
frown.gif

Thanks

Goose

Goose, you should be able to get some enamel paint from Sears (at least they used to have it). Take a trip down to Pheasant Lane and see.

Other than that, you should be ok if you don't use the self clean.

So chances are it won't peel away? I only had it on for like 20 minutes...long enough to make that small dull spot I guess...

well running it at 300 degrees right now for a little bit...guess we will see what happens...it just pre heated and so far so good........

Still have some of the spill in there and it is cooking good...ick...will get some of the right stuff tomorrow and finish cleaning it....

Crossing my fingers...we don't ever use the self cleaning so I think I will be ok as long as the finish doesn't bubble up and peel

Goose

PS they sell finish for self cleaning ovens at Sears??

My mom did the same thing in our LG oven. She got a can of enamel paint, cleaned the area and applied. Let it cure over a couple days and then heated the oven to 300F for a couple of hours to bake in place (Directions said this was for best results).

She now is cleaning the oven using the "Self Cleaning" function again without issue. You can see where we touched it up, but it doesn't bubble or peel at all.

Good Luck
thumbsup2.gif

Well just ran it at 300-350 for like 20 minutes and not sign of any bubbling or peeling...hope it is gonna be ok

Goose

I know that Franchise Owners that don't want to use the oven cleaner we spec for our ovens at Quiznos use Easy-Off and I can tell each one because it leaves the nickel plated steel belts with the coating worn off and then the belt rusts.

If we see rusty belts in the stores we close them right then/there until they can get a replacement because rust is dangerous to our guests.

They aren't happy at that point because the $2 they saved on cleaning their oven with a non-spec product cost them $200 for a new belt and $100 installation for the oven and about $2,000 in sales for the day.

They generally buy the proper oven cleaner after spending $2300. Even though I warned them prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back