Best Cell Phone you have ever had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family just changed plans and got new phones. My oldest daughjter got a Blackberry Curve, the youngest a LG Rumor 2. My wife tried a Samsung Exclaim but thought it was a little bulky. She is currently trying out a Samsung Instinct s30. This one is a touch screen phone with lots of bells and whistles. Seems like a pretty nice phone so far. Tried to get her to get the Palm Pre but she didn't want to spend so much.

So what phone has been your favorite and why?

All I ever care about is signal strength. It's frustrating that the techs in the stores never seem to have an answer when I ask what phone is the best at making PHONE CALLS.....lol.

I've owned a bunch of them....I'll never own another Sony at least the ones before they bought or joined Ericson. Their older phones were complete garbage and always dropped calls.

I've had great luck with the basic Razors from Moto and I have a Samsung now that holds a signal very well.

My current Blackberry Bold/9000 is pretty good. I also had a Nokia in the past that was great, but can't recall the model number. Their Symbian operating system was great.

Samsung BlackJack was the worst. Not sure whether it was the phone itself or Windows CE OS, but that thing was so counter-intuitive, it took forever to get anything done, and even after 6 months of use, I still couldn't remember how to do some basic stuff on it.

i've never liked any cellphone i have owned. i wanted to smash them all no matter what gadgetry they could do. .

I have a curve now, but my favorite phone ever is the Motorola SLVR L7. That phone was in my pocket for three (or four?) of the roughest years of my life and never broke, never stopped functioning, never cracked, and never bent. And the camera still works. And it was still on the original battery when I retired it just this week. I'm still keeping it in case the Blackberry breaks. It was dropped in a toilet, a glass of beer, a glass of water and left out in the rain. I just took it apart and set it on my dashboard for a day in the sun. It fell on the ground probably once a week and was thrown several times at many things including concrete and brick. It has a metal case and an almost scratch resistant crystal. And it charges via USB right on your computer. It got great reception, too. That little thing is a TANK.

http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/motorola-slvr-l7-black/4505-6454_7-31313329.html

Nokia 3500 Classic. (Can still get it) It's a GSM phone that I have on the Fido network here and it's super.

1) No dropped calls
2) Exceptional battery life
3) Build like a tank and virtually indestructible (won't tell you how I know this)
whistle.gif

4) Clear voice for the person on the other end and you.
5) Plays MP3's and has a built in FM Radio
6) Blue tooth range is excellent and easy to connect devices to
7) It's small enough to carry in your pocket without added bulk/bulge but has big enough numbers to dial comfortably.
8) Built in camera takes excellent pictures that put my BlackBerry to shame.

I bought a second one and put it up in case I ever have a problem with this one. I swap the batteries from time to time to keep them in good condition.

Accessories are also cheap.

I don't really like my BlackBerry Pearl anymore. I liked it at first but now I don't like it much at all. I had good luck with an old Audiovox phone that looked like it was from the early 90's. In fact, the thing still worked fine up until we donated it earlier this year. I had pretty good luck with my old Razr as well, but the person I sold it to started having problems with it as soon as I sold it to her.

I am one whose opinion on a phone depends on how well it holds a signal. The only extra gadgets I actually appreciate on a phone is the camera and bluetooth. If I want to listen to music, I have a radio, I also have a computer to surf the web, and I never have gotten the point of text messaging. If I am going to dial your number anyway, I may as well call you.

To stay on track though, with that said, I feel the best phones I have ever owned is a toss up between the Motorola i530 and the Razr V3m.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
All I ever care about is signal strength. It's frustrating that the techs in the stores never seem to have an answer when I ask what phone is the best at making PHONE CALLS.....lol.

When our company switched from Motorola's to BlackBerry's, the young lady from Sprint was explaining all the features to our group. When she finished, she asked if there were any questions from our group. One guy asked if the new BlackBerry's would go as far as our old phones. She explained that the range of the phone should be virtually the same. "No, you don't understand.. I don't think this little thing is going to go as far as my old one did when I throw it..."
That being said, my favorite phone was the LG Envy. Small enough, full qwerty keyboard, bright halloween orange color. I'm not crazy about BlackBerrys, and I'm waiting for the iPhone killer from Verizon this winter.

Originally Posted By: Spartuss
Motorola E815

Does score out well: http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Motorola%20E815%20Cell%20Phone:1991704234

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back