Michelin Primacy MXV4 H Rated vs. V Rated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: youdontwannaknow
isn't there something about traction too ? especially wet and ice traction with higher rated tires ? if I was told correctly - a higher rated tire will have less wet and ice traction than its lower rated version. Its a side effect of altering the composition of the rubber to make the sidewall stiffer. you get handling you loose traction - atleast thats how I understand it. Someone please correct if this is wrong...

These are Grand Touring All Season Tires for both the H and V rated variants. I doubt the V sacrifices any traction in the winter over the H. Everything is the same except a bit more of a reinforced sidewall.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Spartuss said:

Since DicountTireDirect posts Found it Lower? Let us Know! on the page of each tire, I decided to let them know. Within 4-5 hours, they called and agreed to sell 2 tires for $185, which is only $3 more than local pickup at onlinetires.com or $13 less than the best price I could get online.

Thump up for DicountTireDirect !!!

I let DT know about tirerack having a$30 PER TIRE lower price on a set of Yokohamas and got no answer at all. Maybe they don't always match.
Just my experience
Smoky

Sometimes it depends on the representative you get on the phone. Some know what they are doing while others don't.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Spartuss
Sometimes it depends on the representative you get on the phone. Some know what they are doing while others don't.

+1

"These are Grand Touring All Season Tires for both the H and V rated variants. I doubt the V sacrifices any traction in the winter over the H. Everything is the same except a bit more of a reinforced sidewall".

One would think the rubber compound would be different due to the sustained higher speeds? .

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
...I bought these from DicountTireDirect.com and cannot say enough good things about them...

I bought 2 rear tires Hankook in size 255/40-17 for '04 Honda S2000. DicountTireDirect lists $228 for with free shipping, I found the same tire from onlinetires.com for $198.12 including shipping of $16.04 and tax of $16.18.

This onlinetires.com has a warehouse about 45 miles from my home and they will drop the $16.04 shipping for local pickup. Driving 90 miles round trip to save $16 is not very wise.

Since DicountTireDirect posts Found it Lower? Let us Know! on the page of each tire, I decided to let them know. Within 4-5 hours, they called and agreed to sell 2 tires for $185, which is only $3 more than local pickup at onlinetires.com or $13 less than the best price I could get online.

Thump up for DicountTireDirect !!!
More satisfied DT/DTD customers. Sign on the stores says "we will not be undersold". I've done similar at their stores with an online price and a DT comparable Wally World install. They beat it. They work hard to earn your tire business.

My first thought was "how would i know?".
I then looked at the Primacys I had put on the '99 Accord last month.
The sidewall said "91H"
OH!
Anyway, the H tire seem plenty stiff on the Accord, although if you really push the car, you do feel strong understeer, charateristic of the large-motor Hondas (the 1500s are not like this).
I wonder whether the V rated tire might be better?
I'd say that if you like driving, go for the Vs.
The Primacy is in general a very plush riding and quiet tire, in the two thousand or so miles I've had them.

Found these for $5 shipped at another website. Called DiscountTireDirect after receiving the tires and they issued a $10 Credit back onto my credit card to remain competitive.

A+ for service!

These Michelin Primacy MXV4 V Rated 215/55-16 will end up costing me $480 Shipped.

Found these for $5 shipped

I meant to say "for $5 [less] shipped"

Update: I found another website with a lower price and have Discounttiredirect.com refund the difference.

At this point the four Michelin Primacy MXV4 V rated tires are costing me $444 shipped.

Another thumbs up for Discounttiredirect.com!!!

What size tires on your 2007 Honda?

I have 215/60-16 on my 05 Camry XLE V6. It came with V rated.
I have the Primacy MXV4 H rated ordered. I hope I didn't mess up with the H rated. They don't have them in V rated in my size.

I have a terrible back and need the most comfort and fewer Vibrations as possible. I know the H rated will be fine around town. It's interstate speeds that I worry that the H rated my not be the best.

i have a 2007 Honda Accord with 205/60-16 tires it came with v rated tires as oem. Last month I replaced them after 85,000 miles with the Michelin primacy h rated tire. No change noticed. i drove the same back roads at the same speed and they were just as good as the v rated. The plus is that the h is a little smoother ride..... The Primacy is a great tire.....

The OEM tires of '94 Lexus LS400 is V rated, I had H, T S rated tires on that car (not at the same time) and I can that the ride of lower speed rate tires is softer but the performance/handling is not as good as higher speed rate tires.

Originally Posted By: Bebop367
I know the H rated will be fine around town. It's interstate speeds that I worry that the H rated my not be the best.

The H-rated Primacys will be a-okay under ANY condition. You could easily run a quality T-rated tire on that car and still be WELL within design parameters.

I just got the same size today in H rated.
After just a few miles I am very happy with them.

Ride is great.

Thanks for your post above...I gambled you were right about the V and H rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back