best blades for mulching leaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I have a John Deere LA110 with a rear grass/leaf catcher that I have been using to get up leaves. It does a pretty good job, the only problem is that I am using the standard blades and it doesn't chop the leaves up, so they enter the bag in pretty much one piece. This fills the bag up rather quickly. Does anyone know of a good set of blades to buy that will mulch leaves and still have plenty of wind to blow them up into the bag?

Honestly, I don't buy a certian brand. I go to my local tractor supply store. Not to be smart, but usually if they are "mulching" blades, it will be stated on the package.

oh yeah..
welcome2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using one of those Gator Blades for my Craftsman Push Mower and works good. I just drop them back on the lawn as mulch. No trees in my yard so I only get other peoples from around the neighborhood.

The things that look like saw teeth in the pics are just airfoils. Even my grass get pulverized.

Mulching quality depends more on your conditions than the blade. For me, just popping in the mulch plug on my Cub Cadet's deck or using my 10yr/old Honda pushmower w/ it's original untouched blade turns leaves into dust.

Joel

Here is a thread discussing Snapper Ninja, Gator, and Momba High Lift. My experience is only with Ninja, and have thought about trying something else. Posters in that thread suggest Momba is better than Gator FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back