prime guard filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Example pictures in their catalog along with their application numbering scheme imply that they are relabeled Purolators.

QS9000 and ISO9001 are manufacturing standards, not quality standards. All they mean is that the manufacturer has properly documented its processes to meet the standard. They don't necessarily mean that the product being manufactured is of high quality, although any manufacturer that bothers to go through the effort and expense of being certified probably isn't making a khrap product.

Yes. I can be properly traced/documented junque~.

...but I also agree that they look like Purolator filters ..at least the oil filters do.

Originally Posted By: defektes
the only thing I could find about these filters are:
Manufactured meeting: QS9000 / ISO9001 / TS16949

http://www.primeautomotive.com/primeguard_quality_products_1-09.pdf

They have some pictures of they're filters and they seem good. Metal end caps and such.

Looking at the part numbers for these oil filters, they have the same basic p/n as the Purolator line. Wonder if Bosch/Purolator is involved in this brand somehow.

For instance, the P0F4006 whould fit my car that calls for the PL14006 in PureONE. I see similar p/n correlation betwween other numbers.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa

Looking at the part numbers for these oil filters, they have the same basic p/n as the Purolator line. Wonder if Bosch/Purolator is involved in this brand somehow.

For instance, the P0F4006 whould fit my car that calls for the PL14006 in PureONE. I see similar p/n correlation betwween other numbers.

Filter makers will use any competitors numbering system at the request of the corporate customer requesting private labeled filters. Not always a solid assumption to assign the number system to the maker of the filter.

The old Advance Auto filters were Purolators that used Fram number system and Supertech's are Champion Lab filters with a Fram number system also.

Last edited:
The price is VERY tempting on these, but I'm not sure if its worth the savings to install the fuel and oil filters in my 6.0L diesel. May run into problems.

I may have to stick with Racor or MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back