Putting Your Affairs In Order II

Status
Not open for further replies.
An old man visits the doctor for his yearly checkup. The doctor looks somberly at his test results and says, "I'm very sorry, but I'm afraid you've got Yellow 24."

"What's that?" the man replies.

"It's a very rare disease. It turns your skin and internal organs a yellowish color, and it is invariably fatal within 24 hours. I wish I had better news."

The man is stunned, but goes home and tells his wife what happened.

She exclaims, "That's awful news, honey! We need to do something to take your mind off it during the time we have left. How about you come with me to my bingo night? You always said you would one day, and this is your last chance to be with me for it." The man has no better suggestions, so he tags along with his wife to bingo.

Shortly after arriving, the announcer calls out the winning number for the $100 door prize and it turns out to be the number on the man's ticket. He goes up to claim it and thinks, "Well, maybe today's not so bad after all."

His wife gives him a bingo card to fill and they start playing. The numbers get called out and, sure enough, the man ends up being the first to score a bingo! This time the prize is $500. He goes up to claim his prize and the announcer chuckles. "This certainly is your lucky day, sir!"

The man says, "It does seem so, but actually it isn't. You see, I've got Yellow 24."

The announcer looks down at a piece of paper in his hand and starts applauding. "Unbelievable! He's won the raffle too!"

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back