Megs NXT 2.0 vs Liquid Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
2007 F150
I have been using LG on my truck for awhile.I just recently saw a truck like mine,same color paint job,Dark Blue Pearl Metallic.His paint job made mine look like "censored"!He does the same paint prep steps as I do,clay,polish,LG, except he uses Meguirars NXT 2.0 wax! His paint looks so wet and deep and it has me jealous.Anyone out there use LG or NXT? I'm thinking about switching to NXT!
34.gif

I've also used NXT 2.0 with great results. Deep shine and the finish feels silky smooth. Only downside I found was how long it lasts. Not sure how often you need to reapply liquid glass but the NXT 2.0 tends to wear off, within a month to 6 weeks. YMMV.

Ed B.

I also use NXT 2.0 and really like it. As far as long lasting after about a week from applying it I do a couple of coats of Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer, waiting a few days between applications. Still have water beading after a bad winter here in No. Ind.

Originally Posted By: SuperEd73
Not sure how often you need to reapply liquid glass but the NXT 2.0 tends to wear off, within a month to 6 weeks. YMMV.

That's the thing, its kind of an apples to oranges comparison. Liquid glass might not give your car that super glossy wet look, but its very durable and lasts a long time. While NXT, as others have mentioned, will make your car look amazing, but isn't all that durable. Personally I'd prefer the most durable product since I hate to wax, and used liquid glass for years before i switched to collinite no 476s a few year ago.

AFAIK Liquid Glass is an acrylic type product like NuFinish, which is why the gloss isn't as high as a wax/silicone based product, although the durability is much better than most waxes.

What would be an interesting experiment IMHO would be to see how the combination of Nu-Finish Paste and the Cling spray detailer work together?

If you just want to outshine everyone else. IMHO the way to go is to use some KIT scratch out to clean up/polish the paint surface and then apply some Lemon Pledge spreading it with paper shop towel, and then re-buff with a fluffy microfiber.

The very light, clear and high refractive index silicone/mineral oils in the Lemon Pledge will bring out all the detail in the metalic flake. Really amazing.

OTH, the lemon pledge is not very durable, but the shine and depth is much more than any QD can achive.

Last edited:
I love NXT 2.

The trick is to REALLY prep the paint well before you apply. Water still beads up, and it's been over 6 months since my last waxing!

Originally Posted By: Liquid_Turbo
I love NXT 2.

The trick is to REALLY prep the paint well before you apply. Water still beads up, and it's been over 6 months since my last waxing!

Cool!

Well that was a profound statement, now the question is "What product would you pick based on price/performance?".

I love NXT 2.

Car must be driven 1 day a month and live under a carcover inside. No way NXT2 lasts 6 months.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
I love NXT 2.

Car must be driven 1 day a month and live under a carcover inside. No way NXT2 lasts 6 months.

Daily driver, parked outside.

Careful wash, detailed clay (my mind, the most important step), one layer of Meg's Cleaner Wax, then 2 layers of NXT2.

After 6months, and about 4 car washes, the sheeting action was still there.

I love NXT 2.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
I love NXT 2.

Daily driver, parked outside.

Careful wash, detailed clay (my mind, the most important step), one layer of Meg's Cleaner Wax, then 2 layers of NXT2.

After 6months, and about 4 car washes, the sheeting action was still there.

Is it beading or sheeting, or what?

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Well that was a profound statement, now the question is "What product would you pick based on price/performance?".

DG 105 = $10
Collinite 845 = ~$12 --> $15

Both look good, and last long. NXT 2.0 is very easy to use, and looks great -- if durability isn't a concern.

I've had excellent experience with NXT 2.0. Did it last a full 6 months, who knows, it did last all last winter tho. Ease of application is very important to me. Try being 65 years old and a disabled vet and put on a paste wax thats hard to apply. Did that all in my younger days, don't want to work that hard now.

Originally Posted By: bretfraz

Is it beading or sheeting, or what?

When I rinse with the mist, the water beads. A free flowing stream of water will sheet away. I took some rubbing alcohol to strip the wax away and see what the water did. There was definitely wax that was removed.

Edit: Spelling.

Last edited:
Went to Target to get my recent fav - 3M but they didn't have it anymore. They did have NXT2 and I needed something so decided to give it a try.

Two coats on the White Jetta. Looks good (but nothing makes this paint look amazing). Feels awesome. Super slick.

3M scratch remover and 2 coats of NXT2 on the wife's Tampa Blue (really a deep blue-green) Eclipse. This is the best this car has ever looked (my opinion and hers).

How will it hold up in Ohio winter? We'll see. I don't mind waxing the cars but I don't really like doing it through the winter so I really hope this lasts better than the general consensus here. We'll see.

I do really like the results though.

Ken

Originally Posted By: kbuzbee
Went to Target to get my recent fav - 3M but they didn't have it anymore. They did have NXT2 and I needed something so decided to give it a try.

Two coats on the White Jetta. Looks good (but nothing makes this paint look amazing). Feels awesome. Super slick.

3M scratch remover and 2 coats of NXT2 on the wife's Tampa Blue (really a deep blue-green) Eclipse. This is the best this car has ever looked (my opinion and hers).

How will it hold up in Ohio winter? We'll see. I don't mind waxing the cars but I don't really like doing it through the winter so I really hope this lasts better than the general consensus here. We'll see.

I do really like the results though.

Ken

Waxing in the winter is plain annoying. Hope it lasts long enough to survive the winter for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back