GC 0W-30 is still being produced - - - Yay!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the 5qt GC deal with Pure 1 filter at PepBoys yesterday. Noticed the new round oil caps on the bottles and a modified front and back label. Still SL and still being made in Germany.

Yeah, it's still produced. The latest batch number on the ones I picked up last month from AZ was M09.... What's yours?

How much does it cost on special at PB?

CT here in Canada is running a sale 7.50 CAD/L. I am now good for a year with my A4.

I decided to make the switch from Motul 8100 X-Max 5w-30 to the famed GC. I was a little tired of spending almost $11/quart for the Motul. Found the AZ in Herndon, VA, off of Elden St, that had plenty in stock. At $7/quart for M09 gold GC I decided to pull the trigger and give it a shot.

Originally Posted By: ianj3vr6
I decided to make the switch from Motul 8100 X-Max 5w-30 to the famed GC. I was a little tired of spending almost $11/quart for the Motul. Found the AZ in Herndon, VA, off of Elden St, that had plenty in stock. At $7/quart for M09 gold GC I decided to pull the trigger and give it a shot.

I like it. My Tacoma hasnt dropped in gas milage...although it seems alittle slugish at times.

Originally Posted By: David in Sugar Land
Picked up 10 qts. They had about 16 qts in stock, about 12 were M09 with new round cap and older ones M08 making up the balance. $29.99 for 5 with Purolator filter.

Oops, got the wrong Purolator filters from the 2 bundled Oil Change Specials. Turns out the ones I really needed were $8.25 less than the two I got. Now I have the correct ones and got $18 credit to boot! Didn't do it on purpose but makes my GC real cheap.

Good for you!
GC is good stuuf.
Getting it really cheap is even better.

QP...things are very well, thanks for asking...right now the stable holds an Infiniti FX-35, a Subaru WRX and a Ford Focus. It would like to hold a Porsche 911 GT3 or an Audi RS6, but oh well...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pscholte
Good to see the Elves are still keeping so many people happy.

I think the Elves have been driving my car while I'm sleeping.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Yeah, it's still produced. The latest batch number on the ones I picked up last month from AZ was M09.... What's yours?

Sorry for my late response. My last fill consisted of M06 & M08 in the octagonal caps. This latest batch with the round caps is M09.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back