Zerex Asian Antifreeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those of you looking for a retail supply for "Peak Lifetime Global", the local Walgreen Drug Stores in Ohio seem to have it year round. AAP seems to carry only the green stuff and extended life.FWIW-- Old tommy

It is amazing that you can not find Peak Global Lifetime at any auto parts store and they are in a drug store. Who would have thought that buying auto parts in a drug store ?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
It is amazing that you can not find Peak Global Lifetime at any auto parts store and they are in a drug store. Who would have thought that buying auto parts in a drug store ?

I'm surprised too. The Walgreens and Rite Aid stores by me all carry Global Lifetime, although not the concentrate. I can't find it in any auto stores. I even found it at highway rest stop convenience store once, but never AutoZone or Advance Auto.

Originally Posted By: JohnBrowning
Seeing how it is supposed to be good for 5 years or 120,000 miles I do not think doing it every two years is going to hurt anything. I just do not like to trust my corrosion protection any longer then that.

So, test the corrosion protection. With a digital voltmeter, put one probe in the cool coolant in the radiator neck (not touching metal). Put the other probe on the battery negative post. If you read 0.1 volts DC to 0.3 VDC, you're good. If you read 0.5 VDC or more, your coolant had depleted corrosion inhibitors and is due (or overdue) for a change. You're reading the voltage generated by the galvanic action of the dissimilar metals and the electrolyte (the coolant).

NAPA, at least the Northern Indiana Distribution Center stocks the Asian Zerex 50/50 mix. There does not appear to be a concentrated version availible. I am about to order some right now. List price is $11.61, my price is $9.09.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PeteTheFarmer
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

I'm surprised too. The Walgreens and Rite Aid stores by me all carry Global Lifetime, although not the concentrate. I can't find it in any auto stores. I even found it at highway rest stop convenience store once, but never AutoZone or Advance Auto.

Those stores usually sell the stuff at a high price so that if someone is in a crisis and can't reach an auto part store, they can buy coolant and oil anyway.

But they have to pay extra to get it.

Originally Posted By: Ken2

So, test the corrosion protection. With a digital voltmeter, put one probe in the cool coolant in the radiator neck (not touching metal). Put the other probe on the battery negative post. If you read 0.1 volts DC to 0.3 VDC, you're good. If you read 0.5 VDC or more, your coolant had depleted corrosion inhibitors and is due (or overdue) for a change. You're reading the voltage generated by the galvanic action of the dissimilar metals and the electrolyte (the coolant).

Do you do this with the engine running or not?

I have a variety of vehicles (Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan), so I have been looking for a common antifreeze. Based on my research, it is Zerex Asian. While it is not normally stocked anywhere I can find, my local NAPA dealer will order it for me at a cost of less than $60 per 6 gallon case with next day availability.

Based on the information I can find, phosphates are not a problem if you use distilled water.

Any online suppliers carry this product i use G05 for my mercedes and cant find it at my autozone anymore eather
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: ralphm27
I have a variety of vehicles (Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan), so I have been looking for a common antifreeze. Based on my research, it is Zerex Asian. While it is not normally stocked anywhere I can find, my local NAPA dealer will order it for me at a cost of less than $60 per 6 gallon case with next day availability.

Based on the information I can find, phosphates are not a problem if you use distilled water.

While my local NAPA guy isn't stocking it yet, he did order a case if I would commit to 3 gallons, which I happily did.

Originally Posted By: gavinl
The local NAPA here (Columbus, OH) already stocked Zerek Asian formula since a month ago

Same with the Napa by my house. Napa is the best place to go for antifreeze IMO. They carry all the Zerex products, Peak Global Lifetime, as well as good ol conventional green coolant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back