steak with garlic salt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oilpants
Tonites dinner I cant wait im sallyvating!!!

Nothing but jarred garlic salt? I find that very unappealing. Yuck-o-meter.

Have you thought about a spell checker? I know you don't really care and you have some minor dysfunction, but reading your posts gives me a headache. I'm not a spelling or grammar snob, but real words have real meanings. Your words are sometimes worse than foul language. "Sallyvating"?? Don't bother.

I spinkle on pepper and time later Pablo!!! I know my spelling is not good but is it realy that Importent??? Its not like we are getting grades or any thing and I think for a high shool dropout I dont do that poorley!!! That you say my Words are worse than foul langauge is meen because I totally object to dirty language!! You say Im dysfunctionel but dont know about my accident so you may want to be a bit more Sensative when it comes to other peoples' fealings!!! Dont be so stuck up and maybe you're headache will go away

I like Garlic Salt... sounds good. However, the pic looks like just a tad too much salt
lol.gif

I love salty steak with mashed potatoes with alot off butter and sour cream and a couple cold beers what else can I say in my defense? lol

Originally Posted By: EricF
that's a lot of garlic salt!

I hear if you coat a steak like that and let it sit for about 20 minutes, then wash it off and re-season lightly before placing on the grill you come out with a very tender and juicy piece of meat. It has some effect on the proteins in the meat.

I love salty steak with mashed potatoes with alot off butter and sour cream and a couple cold beers what else can I say in my defense? lol

Originally Posted By: EricF
that's a lot of garlic salt!

Sounds good to me....Enjoy!

I use Montreal Steak seasoning on mine.

I fire up the grill and get the temp to about 500 degrees.

I start with a cast iron skillet with some butter and minced garlic. I melt the butter, add the garlic and when it starts to turn brown I add the seasoning and I drop the steak on the skillet for about 90 seconds, turn and repeat for another 90 seconds.

After that, I take the skillet and put it in the grill for about 6-7 minutes for an 1.5" thick steak, 3 or so minutes per side.

Perfection.

I spinkle on pepper and time later Pablo!!! I know my spelling is not good but is it realy that Importent??? Its not like we are getting grades or any thing and I think for a high shool dropout I dont do that poorley!!! That you say my Words are worse than foul langauge is meen because I totally object to dirty language!! You say Im dysfunctionel but dont know about my accident so you may want to be a bit more Sensative when it comes to other peoples' fealings!!! Dont be so stuck up and maybe you're headache will go away

It's not hugely important in the grand scheme of things. However, your words are demeaning to anyone who puts a modicum of effort into proper English. The words you use reflect on you in an all text world such as BITOG.

I didn't say you are dysfunctional, I wrote you have a minor dysfunction - huge difference.

Sometimes being honest is more important than being nice, somehow in this 2009 "culture of nice" this is lost. I just call them as I see them - I recommend you run a spell check. Pretty simple - there are spell checkers for all the browser platforms. I'm not "stuck up" in the least - I'm trying to help you. If you don't want help, fine.

Still that looks like a Na load.

Also crinkles.

The poor spelling is annoying. Please run a spell check. Thank you.

Really not a fan of table salt, taste is not appealing(my opinion). Use sea salt instead. For grilling use Hawaiian Red Alaea Sea Salt.

The only salt I use is Hawaiian sea salt.

Will be throwing some strip steak on the grill tonight as well. Using Weber's black peppercorn marinade which I find quite tasty.

That Montreal dry mix is very good, you are talking about the bottle with the built in grinder?....I use it on burgers as well. Have you ever tried the Kansas version of that same mix? I like that as well.

I just did some grilling for lunch. After the fire was sitting and covered I notice the temperature was 500 F. This was one hour after everything was grilled and cooled down a bit with the lid covered. So I am assuming grilling temperature was 600 F+. I used kiawe wood.

If you got quality cuts of meat the sea salt and black pepper is all that is needed. The flavor from the meat is enhanced but not over powered by lots of spices.

Funny thing is I was not the one who prepared the grilling but they ask me to set the fire up since all they use charcoal for their grilling. Well they had garlic salt for seasoning. Funny coincidence. Half the rib eye steak had garlic salt the other with sea salt and black pepper. I took one taste of the garlic salt ... it had the table salt taste. Yuck.

Needless to say the sea salt had a burst of flavor. It's lucky I brought some just in case.

I dont feal so good this evening I think the meat may have been tainted!!! I just hope I wont be getting hepatitties like my cousin last year!! I got terribble gut pain and I feal faint. Im so thirsty but cant keep any thing down. My Wife and kid's are fine but they didn't eat the meat. Luckily I have the day of tomorrow and someone else can take over my Nightsift.
54.gif

Do you have a fever?

How long ago did you eat the meat? I highly doubt you got food sickness that quickly. I also doubt hepatitis, but you should see a doc is you think you have hepatitis.

I'm thinking one of the many flu viruses going around. Early and virulent in this area.

I have been having a cold sweat for one hour. I cant find the thermommeter and im curently alone. I ate 3 and half hours ago. I got sick an hour later!!! My eyeballs look very Yellow! and my tongue is all dried up. I can barley swallow. Of course i could have gotten the flue at the theater its a Breading ground and we have had swine flue in Sonoma since early summer!!! I hope i won't dye and leave my kid's Fatherless and my Wife husbandless although im shure my littel Flower wont be alone for very Long!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back