Fleetguard LF-9027????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anybody happens to know what the filtration specs are for this filter, the web site does not show it.

This filter has a fullflow filter with a built-in by-pass filter, was wondering what the specs were for the by-pass partof it.

Thanks.

Christopher
patriot.gif

fasty,

Yes it does, its set at 10.01psi with +/- tolerance of 2.03 psi.

The difference between it and the fl1a is that the bypass valve is in the end away from the threads whereas the fl1a has its bypass at the threads.

I am using the donaldson version of this on my slant six and will be doing a uoa at 3000 miles to see how it does.

Dan

Dan, I wonder can use FleetGuard Venturi combo oil filter on the 6cyl motor? I saw their website about the FleetGuard Venturi Combo (It has Bypass filter combo with StrataPore media)

It stated 4x longer intervial oil change. wow sound nice one..

I looked into this, but every filter setup that way that I could find did not have threads the right size to use on the 3/4-16 that I need.

Dan

Thread size is m95X 2.5 inches, so its out unless you can mod your oil filter base to that thread size.

Its 11.75 inches tall and 4.96 inches diameter also.

Dan

The stack disc media filters to 5 microns@ 95% efficient. Plus it is an extended service filter. Add 5000 miles to your normal service interval. At the end of the 5000 miles send in an oil sample to be analyzed and if everything still looks good you can add another 5000 miles. It is based on how hard and how much you use your engine. Every engine is different.

I run an LF9691 venturi combo on my powerstroke. It's larger than the stock but still has the same thread. Do not confuse that with an LF9691A which also has the same thread but is a bit wider so will not fit next to a powerstroke oil pan. I have 380,000 miles and I do 10,000 miles oil changes w/ UOAs and always get good results. I posted my last UOA results on the HDEO UOA forum with the results from a particle count I had done too. Blackstone said my oil was very clean. I don't like to go much past 10k because I notice the engine starts running a little rough after that many miles with the HEUI injectors. Like stated above, depends on how you use your truck and that kind of stuff for individual results. Another thing to note, the venturi combo filters do not have bypass valves built into them but my engine already has one on the filter head so that should get the job done anyway.

Last edited:
Dan4510, an LF3947 has the thread you're looking for with stratapore media. Or, an LF3685 has synthetic filter media and also has a standpipe and ADBV. The second one is a little shorter and a little wider too. I came across those two while looking for a better filter for a Perkins engine on our farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back