Unkillable briggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, I want to see it cleaned up with some new oil to see if it can come back. After that, the attempt to kill it again, have at it.

You should call B+S and see if you can't be featured in a commercial.
55.gif

Last edited:
*Groans* So you all want me to go get some oil and dump it in huh? I doubt its going to "hum" along. It will likely still clank and clatter at about 1000 RPM at WOT like it is now. There is definite play somewhere. Big end, or wrist pin I don't know, but it's not good. We'll see..... And as for a commerial, I don't think I have ever seen a B&S commercial, and those videos are not even close to high enough quality.

What's the cost of a quart of cheap house brand 20w50? Maybe another to flush it with first? Meh! I'd just like to see how much it would come back from h-e double hockeysticks.

Like the others mentioned,it would actually be better to see how it runs after a few good oil changes(30HD)and clean carb/intake real good.It will probably smoke like h3ll though.(after all of that abuse)then dismantle it,and see what damage was done.Dont blow it up,you cant learn much from that.

Last edited:
i'd like to see you to remove the rod, file the parting surfaces down and just roughly take up the slack, reassemble and run 'er up again

No, I won't accept it... It's impossible... It runs! Not as good as before, but much better. I used the last of the Castrol Syntec Blend 10W-40 in it. It still has rod knock but it's smoothed out significantly, and it does smoke a bit, mostly on acceleration but it seems to be perfectly fine to use for some time. (If the handle hadn't broken off)

How 'bout we see if it still mows? I'm wondering if it would be able to take the load of tall grass.

Update: Looks like I spoke too soon. It runs "smoother" for sure. Better? No. Now after another start, it smokes like a female dog, and it still knocks. Maintaining the same speed it doesn't knock so much. But Once you open the throttle, it emits a fog of white smoke, and ever power stroke has a high-pitched loud fing knock. It may still run, but I would get the EPA called on me, not to mention I don't know how long it will last like this, and it is loud enough to make you go deaf. It survived a LOT of abuse. I WILL be disassembling it sometime in the next couple days to get a look at the damage.

I usually take a "decent" running motor off stuff like this, put it on a cheapy mower body and give it to someone who can't afford to buy a mower. Just me...

YeeHaw the Party Pooper!

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
Originally Posted By: rudolphna
Handle broke off lol. Can't.

What is "Can't"? I will remind you that you are a BITOGer.

No it is BROKEN. Where it attatches to the lower handle it is just mangled from repeated bending and use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back