Valvoline engine guarantee worth it ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Valvoline has a engine guarantee, I singed up both my truck and car "its free", but after reading terms and conditions its a bit silly. If you want the 300,000 mi "syn-power" full synthetic guarantee you have to do 3000 mi OCI on full synthetic ! kinda defeats the purpose of running syn in my opinion. Im just venting and wanted to share. I like Valvoline and will continue to use there product but i dunno if im gonna be doing 3000mi OCI. feel like i would be pulling the drain plug and throwing away money. I did however stock up on Synpower, $20 5qt jug at wally-world.

xctly. it only covers complete failure where the engine wont run. and even then they pay 5k or blue book. whataya think blue book will be on your car by the time the engine croaks

oh, I signed up too... but have a hard time changing the oil that early and paying full price when everyone else has rebates.

We really need a "Sticky" on BITOG about this... How many times has this been discussed now.
smirk2.gif

Not pointing at you OtisBlkR1.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
Valvoline engine guarantee worth it ???

No, it's a marketing gimmick.

but after reading terms and conditions its a bit silly. If you want the 300,000 mi "syn-power" full synthetic guarantee you have to do 3000 mi OCI on full synthetic ! kinda defeats the purpose of running syn in my opinion.

I feel the same way.

Im just venting and wanted to share.

Can't speak for all BITOG'ers, but I don't have anything better going tonight...

Change your oil with any quality sm rated engine oil and you should be fine as for warrantee's like they said read the fine print
on engines we rebuild we warrantee them 1 year 24 thousand miles which ever comes first
but we dont warrantee abuse or neglect or overheating although we have been known to do the rite thing because word of mouth gets around pretty fast.. As for Valvoline their oils are pretty good in my opinion although i use pyb and mc mostly in my personal cars because i get a good price on them i still like valvoline and would have no problem using it if i could get it at a good price...
My parts distributor gives me great deals on those two oils because we do a lot of business with them sometimes he throws me a case or two for nothing, cant beat that

Dude, everything else on your car will wear out before a lube related failure on your engine, assuming reasonabler oci's. So, run whatever you want with a reasonable oci and start worrying about the other parts that will let you down over the years.

Im Sorry for the re-peat re-thread, as you all can see it was my first post. Ive been visiting BITOG for a few months and didnt notice this topic anywhere.. wasnt really searching to be honest. Sorry if i offended anyone with a *dead-horse* topic.
Back to the Guarantee, now that i have taken the time to read the fine print, i cant see myself sticking to it. My wife and i agreed to keep our two newest autos no less than 10 years before tradeing them. #1 06 Silverado 46,xxx and 07 Accord 50,xxx I agree with "Webfors" that oil related issues are going to be a NON-issue. Im very particular about my cars and motorcycles.. Neglect is not a tool youl find in my toolbox.

I never used anything Valvoline before, but my grandpa swears by it. I changed his oil in his minivan for him as he's getting up in age and it was the first time I had ever seen Valvoline WB oil. It was the clearest motor oil I have ever seen....not sure if thats a good thing or a bad, I use synthetics and they are all have an amber/brown tint to then. This stuff looked like watered down apple juice. 10w30 was the grade.

"
Hitzy said:
I never used anything Valvoline before, but my grandpa swears by it" Im the same way, only it was my dad that worked in the Chevy garage that got me hooked on Valvoline. Ive always had good luck with it. Here in Indiana Autozone has been running ALL Valvoline oils and fram filters on special, the most expensive being synpower with a fram toughguard filter for $26.99 Myself becoming a BITOG fan recently, ive started priceing oils everywhere and just yesterday found synpower for $20.00 at wally-world 5qt jug. so i bought a handfull of synpower and went to advanced auto and got pure-one filters, came home with several future OC'S and feeling pretty good about myself
20.gif
I was really tickled when i found M1 10-40 4T racing bike specific for $8.94 , its $13.99 at the local bike shop. i like Wally-World

Last edited:
300,000 is a LOT of miles and I've never actually seen that figure displayed on anything but a commercial vehicle's odometer? I'm sure someone here has one, but did YOU do all those miles? I'll bet that the guaranty actually never even gets tested? And... if you do drive that much, maintenance always suffers because the owner is too busy DRIVING!

Hah, I got 285,000+ out of my Saab 9000T. It lost the head gasket while my wife was driving one day and the rest is history. It had the original turbo and the engine was never opened up.I am keeping ALL my cars now until 300K. 2 are paid off and I only have 3 years on the last one. I am sick of car notes so these three will be my mules for quite a while. My Durango is at 156,000 so it is already half way there. I use synthetic as much as possible. My GTX stash is almost gone so it will be PP from here on out.

Originally Posted By: H2GURU
300,000 is a LOT of miles and I've never actually seen that figure displayed on anything but a commercial vehicle's odometer? I'm sure someone here has one, but did YOU do all those miles? I'll bet that the guaranty actually never even gets tested? And... if you do drive that much, maintenance always suffers because the owner is too busy DRIVING!

I think it is because the rest of the car falls apart first....

Very good point, Ive never lost a engine to a oil issue, and ive personaly never seen a auto with 300,000 mi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back