Agriculture secretary wants 15% ethanol blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
Every winter when we switch to 10% ethanol winter mix, I loose 2 MPG in both of my cars. I HATE ethanol in fuel.

I HATE the corn juice also..Everyone I know lost about 2 miles per gallon since the 10% came on line a couple of years ago...15% would be horrible 4 sure.

We use the corn juice all year long!

15% could cause problems for older carburetor and even early fuel injected vehicles.
Essentially they will run too lean.

Originally Posted By: Rabbler
15% could cause problems for older carburetor and even early fuel injected vehicles.

It's a good way for the government to get the guzzlers off the road. So you can buy a new vehicle from government motors!

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Originally Posted By: Rabbler

It's a good way for the government to get the guzzlers off the road. So you can buy a new vehicle from government motors!

+1

My truck runs like [censored] on city gas (e10)and perfect out in the country with straight gas. The Kalifornia emissions tuned quadrajet is too lean already without ethanol. 15% will kill me

Let's import Brazilian ethanol, and start putting money into the pockets of a friendlier South American country instead of to the neighbors whose gov't definitely hate us!

Or grow sugarcane ethanol, or get cellulosic ethanol out of the backwater it's in right now.

Ethanol right now in the US is a giant scam for the benefits of a few companies and their stockholders.

The solution is a CARS program that'll give you $3500-4500 to trade in that pathetic vehicle that can only run on E10 for a vehicle that can run on E85.........

[political comment removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
Every winter when we switch to 10% ethanol winter mix, I loose 2 MPG in both of my cars. I HATE ethanol in fuel.

Winter MPGs go down for other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back