Smells

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems in this day and time you can't go into an area dominated by a woman without detecting the 'aroma' (odorous terribilis) of some kind of bizarre scented candle. Everything from 'Boysenberry Vanilla Potpourri' to 'Spice Orange Jasmine Chocolate'. Sometimes it gives me a headache!

Well, it's about time men had their own scented candles. Below you will find a few scents men would appreciate.

SCENTED CANDLES FOR MEN:

'62 Chevy truck - Interior and Exhaust

Gunpowder

Wet Dog (only if it's your own dog)

Frying Bacon (actually, a lot of different fried foods)

Wood Smoke

Chainsaw Exhaust

Freshly Caught Bass

Ozone (arc welder, of course)

Acetylene

Freshly Moved Dirt

Sale Barn

Silage

Sawdust

New Tires

Hot Metal

3 Year Old Baseball Cap

Ammonia Fertilizer (light, of course)

Burning Grass or Leaves

Alfalfa

Firecrackers

Latex Paint

Funny new tires is on that list. When we go to Wal*Mart I tell wifey I'm heading over to tire and lube to sniff the tires.

I'd like to wear something that smells like money! That seems to attract women.

I too love the smell of new tires.
A freshly paved road is another one.

When the Man-Candle is getting low, it should have a second layer that smells like ATF on hot exhaust, to let you know it's time to replace.

Originally Posted By: rationull
The list is conspicuously missing gasoline, and a variety of different brands of motor oil!

For sure. You beat me to it.

Gear oil, ATF, PB Blaster, Kroil, burnt electronics, smoked motors, and perhaps hot brakes can be added to suggested aromas.

And as far as burnt oil is concerned what smells better than castor (bean) oil? BTW burnt olive oil smells the same to name just one.
I've been known to add a bit to the gas of a 4-stroke engine as a top end lube; OK, honestly it's just for the smell!

Don't forget the Army-Navy surplus stores. Dad used to love those places, and they all smelled the same- that musty old canvas smell of all the tents, backpacks, duffle bags, tarps, and more.
34.gif

Hot engine smell when you pop the hood. More than just hot metal; has a hint of rubber hose, burnt oil, and road dirt and bugs.

Dried grass/twigs/dust from the riding mower deck.

Musty/dusty/sometimes slightly rusty metal tool boxes. (Hark! Dost I wax poetic?)
grin2.gif

Diesel exhaust, lawnmower exhaust, gasoline, the inside of a Navy Nuclear submarine, or heck, any navy ship (the smell attatches to any cloth or ANYthing, and sticks for years)

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
And as far as burnt oil is concerned what smells better than castor (bean) oil? BTW burnt olive oil smells the same to name just one.
I've been known to add a bit to the gas of a 4-stroke engine as a top end lube; OK, honestly it's just for the smell!

You are referring to Castrol 'R'? I've seen people heat that up in a pan (outside of course) just for the smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back