powerpoint hand out (slides) printing help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to print a powerpoint handout with 6 slides per page, and there seems to be a lot of space around and between the slides; I'd rather lose some of that white area on the margins of the page and space between the slides and make the slides bigger.

I think there should be someway to do this and set the margins smaller or something but i can't find where/how to it...

Any tips?
Thanks!

in 2007 you go to View -> Handout Master -> Page Setup
In Slides click "Landscape"
In Notes, handouts & outline click "Portrait"

Then adjust the Width and Height under the "Slides sized for". It has the units as inches but setting it to something like 13" and 9" will fill most of the margins.

you'll probably need to set it back to the original size for the actual slide show.

i have office 2003, but I think i found it:
Is this what you mean? :

ppt-slides.jpg

Thanks a lot.

well, well the best suggestion came from dear wifey: a little trick: instead of saying you want to print "handouts" (although you do), you select "slides" and then on printer properties, you select "6 pages per sheet"...
This gives you 6 framed slides with no space in between and only a tiny margin around them :)

Thanks a lot for the help, all the same.

yep! one only has to remember to set printer properties to "landscape" as it is "thinking" the opposite now; so setting it to landscape will give you the normal portrait printout of the 6 slides on one page (like you normally get)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back