Canadian Whiskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had Old Crow, Elijah Craig, and Wild Turkey. Liked them all.

Old Crow didn't end well for me though. I managed to finish most of a fifth in a night at a party, and needless to say I was a little belligerent and rowdy. In fact, a couple of my friends started calling me Old Crow after that night.

10-4. Interesting that KY has so many dry counties and yet makes the lion's share of the world's bourbon.

In any event, ponder a nation where Stonewall Jackson didn't perish in the Battle of Chancellorsville in 1863 and Abe Lincoln's big government didn't succeed. He completely overran the existing Constitution, suspended habeas corpus, imprisoned thousands who simply spoke out in favor of states' rights, and championed entitlements and big government. He was no more an abolitionist than the man in the moon. His quote from the Stephen Douglas debate bears it out: "If I could save the Union by freeing every slave I would do it; if I could save the Union by freeing no slave, I would do it." further, do a little research on who the Emancipation Proclamation was meant for. It was ONLY for those areas in rebellion against the Union. In other words, it did not apply to states under Union control. Interesting!

alchemist,

Interesting that you should make mention of the dry counties in KY...FWIW, the JD distillery is located in a dry county in TN.

Yes it is. The true Bible belt starts just north of Nashville TN and works its way disparagingly northwards into Kentucky. Thank God for the Catholics and their tolerance of distilled spirits! Remember, two drinks a day is good for cleaning out clogged arteries.

alchemist you are absolutely right. I apologize for saying that. I thought for sure I read that on the bottle but I was wrong. I just read my bottle and it even says Kentucky Spirit in big bold print on the label! Don't know which bottle I was looking at now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back