Scratched Napa Gold filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about, it all the cans are terne plated. But a little white-out might make it easier for you to sleep nights. :)

This is probably the funniest post I've ever read.

Answer: Get your wife to go to the hardware store and pick up some sand paper and white Tremclad spray paint.

Have her sand the stractch and then give it a coat of paint. Let it dry for a couple of hours and then have her change the oil while you are getting your nails manicured.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cteichroeb
This is probably the funniest post I've ever read.

Answer: Get your wife to go to the hardware store and pick up some sand paper and white Tremclad spray paint.

Have her sand the stractch and then give it a coat of paint. Let it dry for a couple of hours and then have her change the oil while you are getting your nails manicured.

smirk2.gif

Well, I don't think it was "stupid". I had a Puro PP on the jeep for a year and the can looked rather beat. It must have had a coolant drip on it for a bit before I tightened a clamp or two and it seriously had me pondering THAT filter's external durability in that length of service. The can was okay upon removal, but still looked beat enough to raise and eyebrow.

FWIW, I've scratched paint off filter plenty of times and always rubbed a little grease on the metal just to be sure.

What's the worst that can happen, 2 minutes with the grease or worry all winter about it spewing oil?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Pete! Can't you hook him up with a bit of WIX OEM touch up?

I sure can. But it only cures at 350+ F. Might do funny things to the plastic on the dash while the vehicle is in the oven for the required minimum 20 minute soak at temp. Oh yeah, it only comes in 500 gallon totes, so shipping might be a tad much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back