Fast Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - it could have been rotten or something!
37.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I had Smashburger last night.

AHHHHHHHHHH, it was good. About even with the rest of the top tier semi fastfood burgers.

I still think a burger from a nice sit down restaurant is a bit better, such as Chillis.
I know the guy that is heading up the company currently. His name is Dan Demoli. I worked with him in a former job. He's a really nice guy. (Bald and red in the face)He is very much involved at the store level seeing as the concept is so new...

Originally Posted By: pickled
Thanks for the tip! Next time I'm rolling over to Fairplay I'll have to make a stop in and grab one.

My parents have a cabin in Fairplay!

I spend a decent amount of time in the summers around the Fairplay area as I head over to Leadville to see friends. This year has been all work and no play though (not that I'm complaining one bit about that). Maybe towards the end of the summer I'll go bounce around that area...Leadville has lots of fast food to sample LOL!

Checker's is good, but can only get it going deep into Paterson NJ by me(closest one).

Red Robin if I can call it fast food.
Jack In the Box
Five Guys & Fries(awesome food, but its SOOOO BAD FOR YOU). Literally after having a burger and fries you just took in 5k calories. The fries are 100% made fresh from real potatoes and put in a paper bag, bag absorbs the grease and DRIPS with it. The burgers soak the buns with their fat and grease but they are sooooo goooood.

But the best place, is called the White Mana, they make fresh, little tiny white castle sized burgers that are 2x bigger(meat wise) and sink like rocks in your tummy. The burgers are OUT OF THIS WORLD. Place was on Dives and Drives on TV. IF you are in NJ, goto Hackensack and eat there. It's a hole in the wall, and if you go lunch/dinner don't bother, it will take you 3 hours to squeeze into the place past everyone else to place your order. I literally got in a fist fight with some broad who cut the line to order, and she said she should order first because she's a lady. Sorry 3 hour wait means I don't care!

Love the 'new' sirloin burgers at Jack's. Very good beef flavor.
I also like most authentic Taco trucks. If they can't speak english worth a darn, the food is usually real good and cheap.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
You work at Quiznos Stevie? Nice. I love their subs.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I asked you once before if you worked for them and you said no!

Their subs are great - I don't really consider that fast food though.

I don't but everyone thinks I do... It's a running joke. :lol:

Firehouse House Subs are better than Quizno's.

In a pinch, Wendy's or Arby's will do. McD is ok for breakfast, otherwise will only use in an emergency. The reality is that I use each one no more than twice a year. I will not touch BK..no how no way. I'd rather go hungry.

I can't eat McDonalds because of the additives they use trigger migraines and only Wendys in a pinch or when they have the Bacon Mushroom Melt LTO on. Otherwise I pretty much eat at the restaurant chain I work for and/or have Salads and "Better for me" foods.

I've concluded I will no longer eat a fast food burger unless it's Wendys at a minimum. Even the "Sirloin" burgers from Mcds and Jack in the Box are just horrible. Rat food if you ask me.

I used to eat fast food daily and developed a taste (or lack thereof) for it. Recently I've been eating more at home and eating Subway for lunch. After trying various fast food places in the past few months, I can not believe how bad much of it tastes. My brother is a Del Taco junkie. That stuff tatses like I imagine rat turds would taste.

Subway isn't good for you either... It's full of Salt and preservatives/additives. They market the "Eat Fresh" but leave out the word "Chemicals".
37.gif
There stuff is nasty if you ask me.

It's alright. Tastes better and is better for you then the value meal at Mcds that many people eat daily. Has WAY less sodium then something from Taco Bell or god forbid a burrito from Chipotle (which has 4,000 mg of sodium).

Have any of you seen the movie Supersize Me, where this guy eats every meal from Mcds for a month? He had to stop after like 3 weeks because his liver enzymes were that of a heavy alcoholic!

The healthiest thing you can do these days is don't eat the fires and drink water instead of pop or "fruit drinks", which are calorie/sugar/HFCS laden props meant to make you think you're drinking something healthier then pop.

I NEVER drink soda. Never. I never get fries at any fast food joint. I'll get fries with a burger at a nice sitdown restaruant though, as I do like my burgers!

Vitamin water which is now a Coca-Cola company is such a joke... People think they are doing right by their bodies... Little do they know the stuff has over 30 grams of HFCS in it.
33.gif

I know it! My stupid Dad is one of them. Tells me the stuff is better for you then the water out of the tap after he gets back from his daily 5 mile walk. I grab the bottle - 2nd ingredient is HFCS. Same with Gatorade.

I'll take that nasty tap water thank you very much!

I always think to myself when driving through Iowa - this corn is going to make it into [censored] near every product I'll buy, to include the gas my car is burning!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only burgers I have nowadays are the Five Guys or Wendy's. I may have McD's or Burger King if there is absolutely no other choice even though after eating them there is this strong sense of disgust.

For the life of me, I cannot comprehend how these joints remain popular.

Drew, I'm in agreement with you about not having a taste for fast food much anymore. About a year ago, a really good sushi place opened up about a mile from my job. Their food is so fresh, that we go there at least once a week, most times twice per week for lunch. They singlehandedly raised my expecations of what food should taste like.

If any of you are ever in Nashville, check out Wild Wasabi off 10th street. $10 for a fresh buffet lunch, cooked, fried or fresh, your choice. The guy who makes the sushi has been making it for 35+ years. Amazing. I hated sushi (or anything like it) just a couple years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back