Wal-Mart encounter today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kestas
I don't dispense advice unless it's requested.

The people who most need advice usually don't request it. They may not even be at meta-cognitive level to know they need advice.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
Originally Posted By: hounddog
I don't shop Walmart and I don't buy oil/filters in stores.I have gone to Walmart with a buddy and people watch.Late night its a hoot!Cheap entertainment.

That's kinda... weird.
21.gif

No worse than the folks you meet at wal*mart late nites.

I had a buddy in college who worked at WMT corporate as an intern, and raved about what a classy place wal*mart was.

I taught him the tooth test for determining if a place was classy or not (count more than 10 missing teeth amongs the shoppers/employee's and its not classy) and the local wal*mart failed in about 2 minutes.

Originally Posted By: Hoosier_Daddy
how did cars ever make it through the winter before 0w-xx oils?

FWIW, I ran a straight 10W in my old Pontiac during the winters when I lived in Montana.

The 10W was NOT a multi-vis oil.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
At least he's not changing his oil with bulk garbage.

why is bulk oil bad?

I was in the Wal-Mart oil section yesterday and as I looked at the oil one of their guys was restcking the oil racks from the back. He asked me if I need any help. I said no. Just seems like a waste of time to talk to those guys about oil. I see people in the oil section but never offer my opinion. I would if someone looked like they needed help.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: 7777
Originally Posted By: tomcat27
Hey, over on the "Ford trucks for Rednecks" site there's a user named Darryl who is spouting off about some stupid bigmouth troll at Walmart who was tryin to tell him that 10w-40 aint no good - he also said that if he wasn't in such a hurry he woulda opened up a big can o whooparse on the guy.

Typical redneck,always looking for a fight on the drop of a hat.The op was just making conversation, theres nothing wrong with that.
My opinion,10/40 is old school,but people can use what they want.

06.gif

See what im saying..
39.gif
06.gif

My buddy was shopping.I was just with him. I have not bought any oil/filters for autos in a store in over 13 years except for a lawnmower and a tractor.Air filters either.I try to spend nothing at a Walmart or a Home depot.Can't stand them.Lowe's isn't much better.I heard some folks the other day comment that they liked shopping at Dollar General stores cause they didn't have to get dressed up like going to Walmart.

Originally Posted By: FastSUV
Originally Posted By: Jason8691
Originally Posted By: Kestas
I don't dispense advice unless it's requested.

Same here, no one appreciates unsolicited advice no matter how good it is.

Guys..c'mon. I was just making conversation about oil; I thought you'd be proud. I never gave him any advice, I just asked him a question & made a comment. Most encounters I have had the other person doesn't know much about oil ans I have even helped a lady or two. I did not say anything about the motorcycle, I just was more asking him if the 10w40 worked okay in winter because I did not think it flowed very well. That is when he told me about northern winters and I ended the conversation and said "really"? I did not overwhelem the guy...u r beating me down too much fellas.

I wasn't beating you down, but Im sure you overwhelmed his brain just a little bit
wink.gif

[/quote]No worse than the folks you meet at wal*mart late nites.[/quote]

Hey, drunks - druggies - bums - and prostitutes need to shop and save money too.

ekpolk we had a lot of conversations about doing that in Wankle engines and in diesels with standyne pumps in them. I have down it for years as well. I have to admit I have not done it in a long time my 1986 Toyota 4Runner was probably the last vechile I routinely did that with. I never had deposits on my pistons or anything like that and my Cat was so clean that When I took it off to put a new cat back exhast on it was clean and clear and I could see through it easily!

So ekpolk has is your 2 stroke oil in the fuel working out on your Toyota? Seeing anything odd in the UOA? Getting any real results with fuel economy?

I had some serious boost pressure going on in my 1986 4runner and the addition of upper cylinder lube significantly reduced wear and tear on the valve stems,valve guides and the ring pack. I used to use Amsoil 100 to 1 synthetic 2 stroke oil. A few times I had to use GOld SPectro from local bike shop when I ran out.I also found that my fuel injectors which where not the OEM type but where rotating disk type instead of pintel type where drastically quieter when the 2 stroke lube was in the fuel! When I ran that off road as my play toy I ran nothing but 120 octane fuel in it and 16 psi of boost on top of 10to1 pistons with an intercooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back