Elf/Total Motor Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
I'm joined recently to this site and it's a great community! Upon searching around this sub-forum I cannot find much first hand experience or opinions for that matter concerning the Elf/Total oil products. Reason being, I'm a huge F1 fan and a follower of the Renault F1 team who is sponsored by Elf/Total. Anyone have any general knowledge about this oil or have used it in the past?

quire rare in australia. i think Peugeot (i can't spell it) use it for their HDi engines.

Well I just put some in a Toyota Camry. Total Quartz INEO MC3 5w-30. I had been using Mobil 1 10w-30 EP. The latest MSDS for this oil states: "The product is made from synthetic base oils (Polyalfaolefins)"
From the data sheet, it seems to be one of the thicker 5w-30 oils.
Too early for me to comment on the oil

I was going to run some in the wifes Jetta. Its been starting to leak alittle around the valve cover gasket no matter what synthetic i use.

Which one of Total's 5w-30s was used in the Peugeot? They have several. The one I bought, INEO MC3 5w-30, is like Mobil's 5w-30 ESP. My understanding is that some of their synthetic oils have group III as a base oil...but not all of them. INEO MC3 5w-30 is PAO

Good stuff guys... Thanks for the info so far
wink.gif

I ran it in my Saab, did well, there is a UOA if you search for it (it did very well). Its the same price as Redline up here, so I am sticking with redline or motul at the moment.

Cool... I'm just interested in trying something a little unique as opposed to the same old, same old that is regularly available. If I can find it locally I may switch to it on my Spec-V and see how it works out.

Total Quartz Energy 9000 in 5W/40 weight in my 255,000+ mile 9-5.

Total Quartz Energy 9000 in 0W/30 weight in my wife's 9-3. Meets the required GM/Saab/Opel LL-A-025 spec. (Gee, what will happen to this spec with the break-up of the three brands?)

Pelican Parts has Total Quartz at a pretty good price...it's online order though. The 5L container is $34.75

Originally Posted By: sako
Pelican Parts has Total Quartz at a pretty good price...it's online order though. The 5L container is $34.75

That's the best price I have seen yet! Thanks...

.. and have the satisfaction of supporting my local mechanic.

5W40 quartz that is.

Grant

Originally Posted By: sako

I buy it by the case from Pelican. The cases show up looking like a giant ball of bubble-wrap.

POP! POP!! POP!!! It drives the dog nuts...
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back