Havoline vs. Chevron Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are both of these the same guys, or is one better than the other? I was thinking of giving Havoline a try once I switch back to conventional, but we started stocking the Chevron Supreme at work for our shop vehicles and thought maybe I'd just go with that. I know Havoline basically is Chevron, but I didn't know if theres any difference in the 2 formulations.

Hopefully someone else will chime in, but I believe they are not the same. I think the CS is similar to the old Havoline formula, pre-Deposit Shield. I would use either CS or Havoline without hesitation.

Originally Posted By: zrxkawboy
Hopefully someone else will chime in, but I believe they are not the same. I think the CS is similar to the old Havoline formula, pre-Deposit Shield. I would use either CS or Havoline without hesitation.

Is the deposit shield a superior formulation?

Originally Posted By: FastSUV
Originally Posted By: zrxkawboy

Is the deposit shield a superior formulation?

It does not matter. I'd use (and use) either with no concern.

I just bought 4 cases last week (and will get 4 more today) of Chevron for $1.99 a quart. Its a VERY GOOD oil.

Bill

Try a Chevron distributor or jobber for the synthetic.

They're both good oils, I used to buy the 10W-30 by the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back