PP 5w-40 vs Rotella 5w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you think the PP "euro" blend would stack up to Rotella in a turbo app? i can't find any specs on this PP and not many seem to be running it. any experiences?

I would run PP 5W/40 in my turbo cars, but no one local carries it. So I continue to use Total/Elf or Mobil-1.

Last edited:
yeah, i can't seem to locate any either. i'm imagining it to be very good oil based on reports from other PP grades

Originally Posted By: Hoosier_Daddy
i can't find any specs on this PP

Here you go:

http://www.pennzoil.com.au/downloads/tds/Pennzoil_Platinum_Synthetic_Euro_Formulation_5W-40.pdf

Quote:

and not many seem to be running it. any experiences?

Well, it's a bit hard to run it if you can't buy it anywhere. I think you can only find it on line, and even that is not easy. And when you factor in shipping cost, it just doesn't make any sense to buy it. There are other oils that can do the job for less.

But is it a good oil? I believe so. I wouldn't have a problem using it in my cars.

thanks for the link! odd that it would be so hard to get. maybe autozone will bring some in for me

I called Royal Dutch Shell Canadian head quarters to get to the bottom about this oil, PP 5W-40. Well they only sell it in barrel's!!

So if you know a place which are Pennzoil Oil Changers they might carry it, so I asked the guy who else buys it if not the regular consumer like me, he replied, businesses for their fleets!

North American Link for Pennzoil 5W-40 Technical Data!
http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_X_cbe_24855_key_140002098029_1CE4.pdf

But my the most favourite Synthetic oil in this grade is

Mobil 1 ESP Delvac 5W-40

http://www.imperialoil.ca/Canada-English/Files/Products_Lubes/IOCAENCVLMOMobil_Delvac_1_ESP_5W40.pdf

Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
I called Royal Dutch Shell Canadian head quarters to get to the bottom about this oil, PP 5W-40. Well they only sell it in barrel's!!

Not true.

Link

Even the spec sheet that you linked above says that it comes in a six-pack.

Quote:
so I asked the guy who else buys it if not the regular consumer like me, he replied, businesses for their fleets!

How many business are there that have fleets of Euro cars? After all, this oil is specifically targeted at the European mgfs (VW, MB, BMW).

this is the reason I called Quattro Pete....I went to the all the local retailers and auto shop stores and many of them called their distributors none of them had this oil...so then I called the RDS canadian head quarters in Alberta and thats what I was told!

Juts to a name a few stores I checked out...
Walmart
Canadian Tire
Part Source
Napa
Car Quest
Princess Auto and to some Trucks Parts Store!

I see Volvo & Mercedes trailers and buses on the "Highway of Kings 401 McDonald & Cartier Way" quite often!...perhaps they use it...i do not know!

Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
so then I called the RDS canadian head quarters in Alberta and thats what I was told!

I'm not questioning that you were told that. I was just trying to point out that whoever told you that was misinformed. It does exist in 1-quart bottles as that on-line store shows.

I've never seen it sold at retail stores, but Jiffylube uses the 1qt. bottles, so I'm guessing you could easily purchase it through a distributor or online, both of which I assume would be fairly expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back