Walgreens' drive-up window and bicycles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pedaled up to the drive-up window at the neighborhood Walgreens only to be told that they won't wait on bicyclists at the drive up window. Has anyone else experienced this kind of reception at a drive-up window? I had been considering transferring the prescription to Costco and this experience was the motivation for me to do so. The icing was the price; at Walgreens I had been paying $14 and change for 30 pills. At Costco, the same pills were 100 for $8.32.

I would speak with the Walgreens manager. Maybe they have a legit reason for not waiting on folks on bikes at the drive through. I can think of a few, but it would be interesting to hear the manager's explanation.

That's odd. Bikes, cars, motorcycles, pogo sticks, etc...what does the mode of transportation have to do with getting one's meds?

I agree with wayne, talk to the manager to see what his/her take is.

Write a letter to the store manager and the CEO of Walgreens telling them why you switched to Costco for your drugs. Ask them to thank the person who refused you service for saving you money on your future drug purchases.

Walgreens is lame, I would complain to corporate. It's like that burger king policy where no shoes and no service. The employees kicked out an infant.

32.gif
Yesterday, I went there and bought Colgate toothpaste on sale. I was supposed to get a $3 reward coupon, kinda like CVS's extra bucks. Well after I paid, the cashier handed me the receipt, the bag, and turned her back. After a few seconds, I asked her "Where's my extra reward?" She turned and said, "it's printing" total [censored]! I saw the extra reward printed already and the receipt, when she handed me the receipt, she then turned her back to me like that was it. She must be stealing these Walgreen extra rewards for herself. I bet customers forget about them or some wimp out and don't ask for them. Watch out for employees who scam the customers!

I tired the McD drive up on a bicycle as a kid, they said no, but I figured they have kids pull prnaks like that. BUT, an ADULT at a pharmacy? they need to recognize that not everyone drives a car, and some of those people may not want to leave their bicycle.

Just to play devil's advocate: Is this really a big deal? Now you're going to switch to a store with no drive-up window, it must not be THAT important to you.

The price issue I understand.

I think it is a safety concern. They are trying to cover their rear end in case of you getting rear ended by a car. The same chicken thing that all business's do now days. You can't do this or that because of one dumb individual that screwed it up for the rest of us.

I don't agree with it. It also discourages people from riding their bikes to get an item at the grocery store, pharmacy etc.

This Walgreens has no bike rack. There is a bench secured to the pavement that I can lock on to but it is on the side of the building not readily visible from the street or from inside. I'm not sure that a bicyclist being hit at a drive-up window is so common an occurrence that Walgreens needs to protect itself. I suspect that the decision was made by someone at Walgreens who finds bicycle traffic a nuisance.

Originally Posted By: flanso
This Walgreens has no bike rack. There is a bench secured to the pavement that I can lock on to but it is on the side of the building not readily visible from the street or from inside. I'm not sure that a bicyclist being hit at a drive-up window is so common an occurrence that Walgreens needs to protect itself. I suspect that the decision was made by someone at Walgreens who finds bicycle traffic a nuisance.

You could very well be right. I feel like a lot of motorist that try to cut me off and do other rude things to me feel that way as well.

That is so lame. I'd be fuming too. If you were a true "bike advocate" you could probably raise [censored] with Walgreens management, local advocacy groups, and whoever else.

But honestly I think if it were me I'd save my time and just take my business elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back