What is the iron issue with Mobil 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Vettes are good for at least 150,000 trouble free miles using Mobil 1. I'm sure other oils could do the same but Mobil 1 does the job. In fact, one guy on Corvetteforum had over 250,000 miles on his LS1 engine using Mobil 1.

I guess Patman better start budgeting for a new motor since he does not run Mobil 1 in his vette.

His motor prob would not make 100k!
grin2.gif

Patmans last UOA on his Vette motor.. NOT using Mobil 1

Oh.. Its now over 100k. Borrowed time I guess...
48.gif

Oh, sweet. So we ARE talking about stuff that has nothing to do with anything. I'm glad, because I've been meaning to ask: Has anybody ever had oatmeal chip cookies? They're like oatmeal raisin, except with chocolate chips instead of raisins. I used to love them but it's really hard to find them any more.

I doubt GM uses Mobil 1 because it is the best oil, money is changing hands, and good co-op advertising. It's all about marketing, and XOM is a master at marketing. BTW I'm not impressed either.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Oh, sweet. So we ARE talking about stuff that has nothing to do with anything. I'm glad, because I've been meaning to ask: Has anybody ever had oatmeal chip cookies? They're like oatmeal raisin, except with chocolate chips instead of raisins. I used to love them but it's really hard to find them any more.

As a matter of fact yes I've tried them, I like them too. Tough finding them around here as well. Next trip shopping I'll tell my wife to have a look.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
54,xxx units a year was the last figure I saw (which is dated). I think that was in the 70's. I don't know if they ever expanded capacity. They sold every one of them.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/07/15-millionth-corvette/
1.5 million is not MILLIONS.

Also they only started the Mobil 1 factory fill drool in the 90s when they dumped the oil cooler.

Far from "millions".

Was I arguing with you?
54.gif
55.gif

Bill there's a point where counting loses meaning. When I was being sued by an ambulance chaser for an auto accident I testified that I had driven the particular roadway "a couple of hundred times" ..he then did the math to show it to be around 2500 times in an attempt to discredit me for credibility. I simply said "I have no argument with your math. A "couple of hundred" is where I stopped counting".

Does it matter if Abdul killed 3500 or 5000? He's still a blood thirsty killer.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
When I was being sued by an ambulance chaser for an auto accident I testified that I had driven the particular roadway "a couple of hundred times" ..he then did the math to show it to be around 2500 times in an attempt to discredit me for credibility. I simply said "I have no argument with your math. A "couple of hundred" is where I stopped counting".

I love it when people prove a point in the process of trying to dismantle it, and their attitude of triumph ends up serving their opponent instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back