What is the iron issue with Mobil 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tig1
Besides when some one here uses the word speculation, doesn't that really mean for fact?

What in the heck are you smoking?

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Besides when some one here uses the word speculation, doesn't that really mean for fact?

What in the heck are you smoking?

Calm down, relax. Nothing aimed at you intentionally. Sorry if you took it that way.
However many here do use the spec word and many take that for fact. Often that's how mis information starts. IMO.

It depends. When someone says ..the data highly suggests ..

Then those who want to believe the speculation consider it fact.

If someone says ..that's inconclusive and you're merely speculating that it supports your assertion ..

You'll accept or reject either on how it fits your desire for it to be factual.

I copied and pasted this off of Royal Purple`s product data sheet:

Note: Engine oil’s solvency cleans wear metals and
deposits left by previous oils. These wear metals and
deposits can cause abnormally high values on used
oil analysis until the engine is clean.

Could this be why some synths like M1 will show fe wear metals like others have suggested in this thread?

Calm down, relax. Nothing aimed at you intentionally. Sorry if you took it that way.
However many here do use the spec word and many take that for fact. Often that's how mis information starts. IMO.

Others construing it that way is one thing. Someone meaning it that way is totally different. I can hardly fathom someone saying "speculation about" when they mean "the fact of" -- let alone can I imagine that to be the trend. I guess I can't speak for you, but to me that honestly sounds like saying black when you mean white.

So, is it known how much Amsoil pays XOM for the base stock versus the raw cost to XOM should they include it in their end market product?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
It depends. When someone says ..the data highly suggests ..

Then those who want to believe the speculation consider it fact.

If someone says ..that's inconclusive and you're merely speculating that it supports your assertion ..

You'll accept or reject either on how it fits your desire for it to be factual.

I am flumoxed at the fantastic fluctuation in factual evidence which coincidentally closely corresponds to conjecture, creating cause for careful consideration.
43.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I copied and pasted this off of Royal Purple`s product data sheet:

Note: Engine oil’s solvency cleans wear metals and
deposits left by previous oils. These wear metals and
deposits can cause abnormally high values on used
oil analysis until the engine is clean.

Could this be why some synths like M1 will show fe wear metals like others have suggested in this thread?

This would be speculation: Could this be why some synths like M1 will show fe wear metals like others have suggested in this thread? [/quote] It is not a fact. It could be true, or false.

AD

Originally Posted By: Nederlander75
FWIW Ive gotten my best UOAs off of RL and RP.
That doesn't equate to better wear protection as I'm sure the M1 guys will tell you.
wink.gif

060808_1.jpg

GM tests Mobil 1 extensively so I think if there were issues, it would show up among the millions of Vettes out there worldwide.

48.gif

Millions of Vettes built since they did the factory fill?

Millions?
wink.gif

I doubt that there have been a million Vettes built since 1953.

Since Mobil 1 as factory fill? No way.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
54,xxx units a year was the last figure I saw (which is dated). I think that was in the 70's. I don't know if they ever expanded capacity. They sold every one of them.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/07/15-millionth-corvette/
1.5 million is not MILLIONS.

Also they only started the Mobil 1 factory fill drool in the 90s when they dumped the oil cooler.

Far from "millions".

Oh. Well if it's only hundreds and hundreds of thousands of Corvettes, I'm not impressed.
smirk2.gif

Not even that many.

But who cares about REAL numbers. I doubt GM is selling (or making) 50k Vettes a year anymore.

But anything to make the drinkers feel good about their oil.

Whatever.
33.gif

My point is there is other oils out there that do JUST AS GOOD AS MOBIL 1.

It is not the magic oil that the followers dream about and post here.
20.gif

You're trying to contradict a point that was never made. No one is saying Mobil 1 is the best. They're just saying it's good, and that some of the reports of its inadequacy are spurious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back