PB Blaster Cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.
A buddy of mine had a can of PB Blaster go off in the back of his Landcruiser. It's in the carpet and everything. Any ideas on cleaning this up so it doesn't smell so much? What about carpet stains?

Thanks,

Ken

Ouch.

I'm thinking nothing short of removing the carpet.

PB Blaster has a unique "aroma". You can air it out real good but the color/stain may not come out except for solvent. That said, start with Simple Green and water and a wet vac.....

If the Simple Green don't work try using the blue Dawn Ultra dish
washing detergent. That stuff works good for oil and grease clean ups.

Spray it with a de-greaser like fantastic, or Castrol super clean. Then pour boiling water from a kettle on it, and suck that up with a shop vac. may take more than one kettle of water...

I feel sorry for your friend, that stuff smells STRONG. Wish I knew how to help
frown.gif

I dripped some PB Blaster on the floor in my bathroom and it did something to soften and expand the linoleum. I hope it doesn't damage anything inside the vehicle in the same way.

Well the carpet got pulled. Maybe cleanable. Sitting in the driveway. The padding is shot. The sound proofing got mushy and had to be scraped off about 1 foot diameter.

Ken

Thanks for the update! With the carpet out, you can shampoo it a mess of times - cleaner than ever. Good padding is inexpensive, so your buddy can think of it as an upgrade. Sound proofing might be available locally, I used to order it.

I would buy a gallon of castrol Super Clean or the Purple Engine Degreaser. I would use it at full strength in a steam cleaner like a Rug Doctor fromt he store or a home one. That will break down the oil and allow it to be sucked off it might discolor the carpet though. I have used this stuff for years to clean interiors in badly stained used car's I have owned adn only 1 time did it discolor the carpet. For the other surfaces i would mix Super clean 1 part to 7 parts water and spray and wipe. After he gets the carp[et and other surfaces clean something like Freebreze or Ozium or even a bunch of those little pine tree deoderizers will more then likely take care of the spell once the bulk of the oil has been removed. It might take a full 10 weeks though for the smell to completly fade. That is how long it takes for a smokers car to no longer smell like smoke after it has been cleaned and detailed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back