Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Here is the UOA from my Expedition.

Mileage on unit: 174,000Km
Mileage on oil: 12,000Km
Filter used: Fleetguard LF16002
Oil used: Mobil 1 TDT CI-4+ 5w40

Apparently, they didn't test for TBN or TAN. I'm going to have them re-run it, because that was the entire purpose of this!!!

expeditionuoa01.jpg

Another good run om M1 5W-40 TDT. Your wear metals look delicious.

The lab also forgot to convert units traveled from Canadian to American.
grin2.gif
(7500 miles give or take a flatten beaver, eh?)

BAH HAHAHAH, it's a Canadian Lab eh
wink.gif

Though I imagine the fact that it doesn't state Km is going to screw people who don't read what's posted above the UOA up.

crazy2.gif
Man you are lucky! You know that thick stuff is NO good for our mod motors. Please don't do that again.
grin2.gif

Looks good. Did you cut open the filter this time? Any grit like last OC? What oil did you decide on for your next OC?

You have to ask for a TBN on their tests, and they will do it.

I don't like the way the don't test Calcium or Boron - I don't understand why not those two. But, at $18 a test vs. $30+ for others, I'm not going to complain!

Results look good, but Zinc seems low for a CI+ HDEO? Oil held viscosity well.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Looks good. Did you cut open the filter this time? Any grit like last OC? What oil did you decide on for your next OC?

Filter was posted in the oil filter section a while back when I changed the oil. Titled Fleetguard LF16002 IIRC.

More junk in the media for sure.

I should note that the bottle the oil was put in had been fresh through the dishwasher and had some "junk" from the dishwasher in it at the bottom. I wiped it out the best I could but I have no idea what chemicals dishwasher detergent has in it. Doesn't seem to have affected it though.

Dog ate the original UOA container when we left him at home.

Originally Posted By: SAJEFFC
crazy2.gif
Man you are lucky! You know that thick stuff is NO good for our mod motors. Please don't do that again.
grin2.gif

Uh oh, it has a fresh sump of it in it again!
wink.gif

Will be getting another UOA for sure. I'm trying to see how long I can run this stuff for.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
You have to ask for a TBN on their tests, and they will do it.

I don't like the way the don't test Calcium or Boron - I don't understand why not those two. But, at $18 a test vs. $30+ for others, I'm not going to complain!

Results look good, but Zinc seems low for a CI+ HDEO? Oil held viscosity well.

1. I have e-mailed them back asking for TBN.

2. Yes, for the price, I couldn't beat it.

3. I'm wondering if this is because the engine USED some of the Zinc? This OCI had me towing ~4,000+lbs 500Km, then 3,500Km of some VERY hilly terrain with the vehicle loaded to the gills with people and luggage.

I know it is a sacrificial additive, so that logic makes sense to me......

Hey Overkill, do you think I can run this oil in my Corolla for an oci or two? Just want to give it a try, maybe some extra cleaning can be done.

Thanks, nice report btw.

Just got a reply. They have already disposed of the sample, but have indicated to me what I need to do in order to get TBN on future samples. So there won't be a TBN for this one unfortunately
frown.gif

panthermike: I don't see an issue with it. Is the engine spec'd for 5w30? If so, going up a grade isn't going to be an issue.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
crazy2.gif
grin2.gif

wink.gif

Will be getting another UOA for sure. I'm trying to see how long I can run this stuff for.

Honestly, you'll be able to get 30k km out of it easily. 12k km is a bit of a waste - I would have gone at least 16k km (10k miles)....but you're working on it.....

panthermike: I don't see an issue with it. Is the engine spec'd for 5w30? If so, going up a grade isn't going to be an issue.

Yes, it specs 5w30/10w30. Just making sure it's good for the cats, is it for the newer diesels?

Originally Posted By: panthermike

Yes, it specs 5w30/10w30. Just making sure it's good for the cats, is it for the newer diesels?

Unless you are burning lots of oil, it doesn't matter really.

It is also gasoline engine approved.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
crazy2.gif
grin2.gif

wink.gif

Honestly, you'll be able to get 30k km out of it easily. 12k km is a bit of a waste - I would have gone at least 16k km (10k miles)....but you're working on it.....

Yes, Doug had suspected I could get somewhere in the neighbourhood of 20K out of it. But had suggested I change it and check. Looks like I can't do that now, since no TBN for this sample. So I will run the next one to 12, and get TBN done then.

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't then. The Corolla burns about a quart every 1500 miles.

Maybe try it once then?

I say that because mine was going through 1L every 8,000Km on the 5w20, but went through nothing on the TDT.

Maybe try it once then?

I say that because mine was going through 1L every 8,000Km on the 5w20, but went through nothing on the TDT.

Oh, I see. Maybe I'll give it a shot then, thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back