Just got this put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1st time out with this Uzi as an SBR. Went out to the range today for a short test run. 50 rounds with no problems. Sights were fairly well aligned from where I had them zeroed with the 16" pre-SBR barrel. I'll zero it and shoot for groups later this week when I have more time.

Lubrication connection: Uzi was lubed with Aeroshell Fluid 18.

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

And in case anyone was wondering, I do have a stamp for it. BSW

IMG_1487.jpg

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
So it really is a stamp, huh?

That's how the government does things. There are business stamps, gun stamps, marijuana stamps, etc.

Got to love how simply put together they are. Just like my AK, very few moving parts equals less problems and less to go wrong! Some people think UZI's and AK's are ugly, but I think they look great!!

So it really is a stamp, huh?

It is to signify that a tax has been paid. Most people who are charged with "illegal" SBR's and machine guns, are actually charged for failure to have paid the tax. That is why our ATF falls under the Department of the Treasury.

Do the paperwork and pay your tax, SBR's are fun!
banana2.gif

IMG_01741.JPG

Hmm. I might convert my Bushy to a SBR. I think the carbine length system looks stupid on a 16" barrel and that is exactly what it is. That would come after I build a 16" mid length.
Is that an 11.5"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice.

I think all the hippies up here would die if we could get our hands on something like that...
20.gif

Actually, you can own them up here, full-auto versions included, if you were a registered collector before 1978. A guy at the Ontario Arms Collectors Association gun show owns several of these, full-auto and in mint condition, he brings them to the show the odd time. He owns a couple hundred full-auto firearms, including belt fed machineguns, one of them an MG-42 as far as I remember.

Last edited:
Went out a couple days ago to zero the Uzi.

At 100 yards the sights (last zeroed with the 16” barrel) were 4” high and 12” left. Got it zeroed with the new barrel and did a little test firing. 120 rounds thru it as a SBR with no problems so far.

I’ve got a match this weekend I’m going to use the Uzi for. Hopefully I’ll get some pics of it in action. BSW

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Looks nice.

I think all the hippies up here would die if we could get our hands on something like that...
20.gif

Actually, you can own them up here, full-auto versions included, if you were a registered collector before 1978. A guy at the Ontario Arms Collectors Association gun show owns several of these, full-auto and in mint condition, he brings them to the show the odd time. He owns a couple hundred full-auto firearms, including belt fed machineguns, one of them an MG-42 as far as I remember.

Sorry, I meant for those of us born in the 80's (or later).
06.gif
28.gif
48.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back