Langka vs. Dr. Colorchip vs. Touchup 123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive used the Touch up 123 with success, it just takes alot of patience. With any of these i would recommend doing it in an enclosed area like a garage. I don't know to much about the Dr. colorchip, but the Touch up 123 and Langka are basically two totally different products.

I have the Langka. It either seems to strip all the paint off, or the paint gets too hard for it to do anything. They say 24 hours, but I've waited a week and that was the closest I ever got to it working as stated.

Probably depends on the paint you use.

I've used Langka quite a bit. The key is to make sure you clean the area real well before applying touch up paint. If the area isn't as clean as it should be, and the paint cures, Langka will strip off some of the paint in the area you are trying to correct. I've also found it is more effective once you've waited 48 hours after touching up the chipped spots.

These are small road rash type chips on the hood and forward part of the front fenders. Does that rule out 123? Any personal experiences are useful.

Originally Posted By: turboaccord1
Ive used the Touch up 123 with success, it just takes alot of patience. With any of these i would recommend doing it in an enclosed area like a garage. I don't know to much about the Dr. colorchip, but the Touch up 123 and Langka are basically two totally different products.

Did it work on really small peppered type road rash? How was the durability and color match? Did it also work on larger chips?

ive used it for a few larger chips using a tooth pic or a small paint brush to apply the paint. The color match was excellent just make sure you give the bottle a good shaking before you apply. Patience is the key. Never used it on small chips though.

Last edited:
If it is not a brand new car, have you tried touch-up paint and wet-sanding method? It works surprisingly well.

- Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back