SuperTech ST6607 w/ 10,144 miles in use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the pics I promised... This filter was in use for 10,144 miles. At approximately 5k, the filter was removed, inspected, wiped down and re-installed for the remaining 5,144 miles. The car is a 2008 Nissan Sentra with the 2.0L engine with 15,144 miles.

100_0219.jpg

100_0220.jpg

100_0221.jpg

100_0222.jpg

100_0223.jpg

100_0225.jpg

100_0226.jpg

100_0228.jpg

100_0231.jpg

100_0235.jpg

100_0236.jpg

100_0237.jpg

It's weird how the 6607 I cut open with 5,000 miles had the pleats all bent and distorted, yet this one looks perfectly fine. Thanks for posting.

IMO, that looks very decent at 10k of usage. Some here might call you a thrillseeker (or worse lol) for running an ST to that OCI. Even more so on a low mileage new vehicle. Obviously the non ecore version. Is that a < 3in dia. filter or one of the older ST non ecores?

Did you change the oil at 5k?

Great pics, thanks for posting.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
IMO, that looks very decent at 10k of usage. Some here might call you a thrillseeker (or worse lol) for running an ST to that OCI. Even more so on a low mileage new vehicle. Obviously the non ecore version. Is that a < 3in dia. filter or one of the older ST non ecores?

Did you change the oil at 5k?

Great pics, thanks for posting.

Yes, I change the oil every 5k. It is one the <3" filters.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
It's weird how the 6607 I cut open with 5,000 miles had the pleats all bent and distorted, yet this one looks perfectly fine. Thanks for posting.

I think it was your post that had me worried... I feel much better now after tearing this one apart for inspection.

was yours a bigger filter?? a smaller filter the pleats are more short and ridged(less flexing) vs a looong more flexible media in a bigger filter if it has thin media pleats like a ST has.

that's a tiny filter,clean looking oil for 10k...

Originally Posted By: daman

was yours a bigger filter?? a smaller filter the pleats are more short and ridged(less flexing) vs a looong more flexible media in a bigger filter if it has thin media pleats like a ST has.

What negative things do you have to say about this filter? I'm sure you can think of something, since you consider ST junk.

i have some of them $1.45 filters from AAP that i would run anyday over a superjunktech...

Originally Posted By: Silver02ex

What negative things do you have to say about this filter? I'm sure you can think of something, since you consider ST junk.

i have some of them $1.45 filters from AAP that i would run anyday over a superjunktech...

Yeaaaaaa your point is?

The ST for our Corolla's looks basically the same. These pics assure me that they can handle 5-7K intervals easy and the price is great at 2.88 a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back