Kumho vs. BFG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least I have it down to two tires now. For my Cavalier (14s), I have two choices:

BFG Traction TAs

Kumho Solus K21

They both seem like great tires, so it is a tough choice.

The only thing I can add is that I'm looking for a bit more "fun", which they both offer.

Which one would you get?

If you're down to two or three tires you like, I'd probably base my decision on where you can get them and price. For me, I can get the BFG's at Sams for less than the KR21's from tire rack when I consider installation and shipping. Plus Sams has free nationwide warranty/flat repair which is a big plus.

I hear a lot of good things about both as well. Considering new Accord tires this fall.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
If you're down to two or three tires you like, I'd probably base my decision on where you can get them and price. For me, I can get the BFG's at Sams for less than the KR21's from tire rack when I consider installation and shipping. Plus Sams has free nationwide warranty/flat repair which is a big plus.

I hear a lot of good things about both as well. Considering new Accord tires this fall.

Price is about the same...i think the BFG's are like 5-7 bucks more a tire. Granted, this will be the last set of tires I will have to replace for a while (did the other two earlier this year)

My Cav is pretty much the "extra" car ( and paid for :!), so I'm not as worried about the warranty and such. Plus, no matter how I buy em', the price will be pretty close to the same.

That's what makes it tough.....
cheers3.gif

Got the TA's from DT on now, too early to say much but they are running smooth, no complaints. Price was right especially with rebate and YK520 adjustment.

I'm sure you already read the surveys at TR.

Good Luck

BFGs are excellent tires, but are usually priced much higher than the Kumhos. If priced nearly the same I'd go for the BFGs, if not I'd go for the Kumhos.

My experience with 3 sets of BFGs is they start out quiet and get noisier and noisier. This is the second set on the TL that I'm replacing at 50% tread life due to noise. I'll never waste money on them again.

I had the Radial TAs on the GN many years ago and they were good for rolling 60mph burnouts, that's about it. Treadlife was excellent and they smoked real good. That's all I can say about them. I don't recommend BFG to anyone except for their drag radials and that's only if it doesn't rain in your area.

The only thing that I don't like about Michelin is that they have way too many OE tires now....

Remember when goodyear did that a while back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back