MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a neat measuring bottle for measuring 2 cycle oil. It has different scales on it as well as 100:1 50:1 40:1 16:1 and a few others, it works great. I also have MMO poured into an old Lucas UCL bottle that has ounces marked on it.

I use MMO in gas every fill up. I get way mor mpg and smoother engine with it. I would never not use it now.

I use the stuff at every fill up...280 ml per tank. Have been doing so for the past 10 months and will continue to do so. Smoother, quieter and more responsive engine, cleaner spark plugs and slightly improved fuel economy. A quart bottle is enough for 3 fill ups.
thumbsup2.gif

Nice to see others are seeing the same benefits I have. My 88 E-150 has it in the gas all the time due to the Inverse Oiler I have feeding it. IIRC I've had the Inverse Oiler hooked up to it since around 1989 or 1990. Same cat converter, if there were ill effects from using the product in the gas I'd know about it. The plugs are always nice and clean too.

I went through a big bottle of MMO (many tankfuls of gas in a row) just to see if I could feel any difference with my Mercury. Aside from a strange exhaust smell, I couldn't really tell any difference in MPG or the way the car ran.

I would guess that using MMO as a top-lube makes sense. It is cheap to run and may old time mechanics swear by it.

For me, there was no "WOW" factor in using it.

using too much?

I know I get way more MPG, smoothhhhhhh engine with it...If I use too much, MPG down etc..like most on here.

An OD of MMO will cut MPG's big time, and an OD of TCW3 will cut MPG's even more. I would suggest using 4 oz/10 gallons of gas of MMO or even less if it is a smaller 4 cyl engine.

I have been running about 3 ounces of MMO to 10 gallons in my car that has a carburetor and on the fuel injected car I usually put in 14 gallons when I fill up so I put in about 5 ounces.

After a couple of tanks of gas I noticed a difference, maybe its the MMO keeping any carbon or other junk out of the fuel system.

Originally Posted By: es350
using too much?

I know I get way more MPG, smoothhhhhhh engine with it...If I use too much, MPG down etc..like most on here.

I followed the directions......like I said, I like the idea of adding lubricity to the fuel for all the things it contacts, so I will likely continue to use it.

I just wasn't blown away.

I keep using it because I like what it does in theory and the price is reasonable.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Nice to see others are seeing the same benefits I have. My 88 E-150 has it in the gas all the time due to the Inverse Oiler I have feeding it. IIRC I've had the Inverse Oiler hooked up to it since around 1989 or 1990. Same cat converter, if there were ill effects from using the product in the gas I'd know about it. The plugs are always nice and clean too.

So are most people using MMO in the fuel mainly just in older vehicles ... or is everyone using it in late model vehicles as well, say 2000 and newer ?

I use it in all 3 of my vehicles - one 2003, one 2005, one 2008. MMO makes all of them run quieter, smoother, and with better MPG when in use.

I also add 1/2 qt (1 pint) to the oil for the last 1000 miles of an OCI for the cleaning - MMO is very good a removing any varnish and sludge that may be present before any accumulation can occur.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jax_RX8
I use it in all 3 of my vehicles - one 2003, one 2005, one 2008. MMO makes all of them run quieter, smoother, and with better MPG when in use.

I also add 1/2 qt (1 pint) to the oil for the last 1000 miles of an OCI for the cleaning - MMO is very good a removing any varnish and sludge that may be present before any accumulation can occur.

Works like a charm. For me it is a family tradition now passed on to me a third generation. Good stuff!

AD

When I use it in the turbo Jetta, I can really feel the difference. The engine is much more responsive. I also get a slight increase in MPG.

So after running it in a few tanks and messing around with things I noticed that I get the best mileage adding 2oz to every 10 US Gallons of gasoline. (2oz - 44 Liters or 59.15ml - 44 Liters)

Any more than that and the mileage drops off, and any less but more than none and the mileage stays the same but the quiet engine/injectors start getting back to their regular noise levels.

If I stop adding it to the fuel by the second tank of fuel the mileage has returned to the normal levels as before adding it.

I'm really impressed with how well the engine runs on the stuff and think I will keep using it. As stated before, the only ill effect I have seen is that it darkens the oil a bit. Will be interesting to see what Terry has to say on my next UOA.

For now I will keep running it until I run out, which is quickly approaching.

cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Glad to hear your positive results. There are a few UOA's in the UOA section with MMO added to the oil, and they were pretty impressive as well, but that is whole different can of worms!

You found the sweet spot for your engine and the dose it likes. It takes some time, record keeping and effort to track the results, but it appears it paid off for you. I use their suggested dose, but might cut it back slightly after reading your post.

I think a smaller 4 cyl engine, might need less of a dose than a 6 cyl or an 8 cyl.

Keep us updated!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Glad to hear your positive results. There are a few UOA's in the UOA section with MMO added to the oil, and they were pretty impressive as well, but that is whole different can of worms!

You found the sweet spot for your engine and the dose it likes. It takes some time, record keeping and effort to track the results, but it appears it paid off for you. I use their suggested dose, but might cut it back slightly after reading your post.

I think a smaller 4 cyl engine, might need less of a dose than a 6 cyl or an 8 cyl.

Keep us updated!

I don't want to add it to the oil for a couple of reasons, one I want to see what it does to my UOA trend just adding it to the fuel and two I would have to run a shorter OCI until I know how it affects my Amsoil before running up to 15K KM as I'm doing.

In either case I will keep everyone posted so they know the results.

As for the dosage, I can never leave things alone and have to play until I'm able to squeeze blood out of a stone.
LOL.gif

cheers3.gif
Demarpaint

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back