Who makes the best chain saw chain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: nomochevys
Originally Posted By: Chris142
I got a new Echo chainsaw. It came with an Oregon chain. That chain lasted about 30 minutes then went up in smoke.

It is oiling the chain, just for some reason it suddenly went dull and was smoking more from the chain than from the exhaust.

I wish I knew. I was forced to buy one in haste and bought a stilh ms 250. So far, its been pretty good but I did not have time to do good research. I know a lot of people who swear by them but I would have to at least liked to check a shindiawa.

Im stuck with it now and just made the best decision as I could have at the time given I had no time to look around. Mine will throw the chain every now and then but I run the [censored] out of it.

The MS 250 is a nice little saw. If you want a better, faster cutting chain find a dealer that carries Carlton chain and ask him for some K3L skip, you'll need 68 drive links for your saw.

Did you cut any dirt? dirt dulls a chain almost instantly. buy a file and use it as ac_tc suggests.

I haven't had any issues with Oregon chains but that's the only brand the shops sell around here.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Did you cut any dirt? dirt dulls a chain almost instantly. buy a file and use it as ac_tc suggests.

I haven't had any issues with Oregon chains but that's the only brand the shops sell around here.

+1
I haven't had to buy any chains yet, I cut about 10 cords of firewood ,16" pieces, on my 16" bar and chain and about 8 cords on my 20" bar and chain.
Semi chisel is bit more resistant to dulling than chisel but a couple strokes of the file on each tooth after 2 or 3 tanks keeps the chain cutting well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back