Kubota Super UDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone make a replacement for the Kubota Super UDT?
I can get it from Kubota but it's almost $30.00 per gallon, trying to find something cheaper, that will work just as good.
Tractor has a hydro-stat drive.

Most of the oil companies make a proper oil for your use. Call an oil jobber in your area ,they can give you the proper rated oil . it is common and is easy to get .

There Are only maybe 2 direct replacements. One is the Chevron Synthetic All weather ATF, about 22.00 per gallon. And there is one I saw at I think TSC that has SUper UDT listed as a direct replacement. Those are the only 2 I have been able to find regardless of what you may hear from other sources. It is a relatively small market and most will not fool with it for the small amount of money they can make. Just talked to someone with a Massey Ferguson and he griped that his oil was 32.00 per gallon, so I guess me bite the bullet and maintain our tracors anyway. Pay now or pay later!
Greg

But.. we're talking about pieces of machinery that cost sometimes tens of thousands of dollars.. is it really time to 'cheapout' and save a few dollars? Super UDT is 29.95 at my dealer for a gallon.

I spent a lot of time last season researching all our fluid needs, when it came to the hydraulic oil I went with the Schaeffer 315 Simplex Supreme I based this on the fact that the one fluid would cover most of our needs. We use it in a Kubota to replace the "super udt" fluid. The machine has 4700 hours. That fluid is about 10bux less a gallon than the Kubota and the Schaeffer company tells you everything about the fluid, no other company has as detailed a PDS as they do. In my opinion this is the best alternative for Super UDT for my needs. I have a VOA of the fluid being done now to compare to our previous fluid, to help me justify the cost. I should have the results soon. If permissible I will post .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back