Can U Beleive THIS? MOBIL EP Worst Than Havoline!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, Mobil's marketing is one of the reasons I like Mobil 1. Some will say I'm naive, but at the end of the day their OEM endorsements, specifications met and approach to marketing in general is way better than most if not all other oil marketers. Mobil tends to stay out of the silly oil "100 x better wear" wars. I don't necessarily think Mobil 1 is the best oil either.

Originally Posted By: buster
Honestly, Mobil's marketing is one of the reasons I like Mobil 1. Some will say I'm naive, but at the end of the day their OEM endorsements, specifications met and approach to marketing in general is way better than most if not all other oil marketers. Mobil tends to stay out of the silly oil "100 x better wear" wars.

I actually agree with you. They never really attack anyone. And guess what? It works.

Honestly, Mobil's marketing is one of the reasons I like Mobil 1. Some will say I'm naive, but at the end of the day their OEM endorsements, specifications met and approach to marketing in general is way better than most if not all other oil marketers.

I definitely agree with that. And I was told by someone with 5000 posts not to trust anyone with more than 10,000 posts.

Originally Posted By: peterdes
I believe the few of us who said we don't like amsoil is that we don't like their "white paper" tests and the way they do business with customers with that pyramid scheme.

Get a clue.
wink.gif

Someone here needs to "get a clue" for sure.

Amsoil's white paper tests are done by an independent lab. Sorry if this bothers you more than TV commercials. Also, Amsoil is not sold via a "pyramid scheme".

Their white papers are well done and legit. One of the few, really good boutique oils available.

Originally Posted By: peterdes
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: tig1
Here is M1s answer to the 4 ball test.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Car_Care/AskMobil/Amsoil_Wear_Scar_Testing.aspx

Here you go! More Marketing [censored]!

How is that Marketing? That is a question in Mobil's Q&A archives. Someone posted a question and Mobil answered it the best way for Mobil as a competing company to do so.

Oh I'm sure that GM, Porsche, MB, etc took their engine and ran it with;

Mobil 1
Mobil 7500
Mobil 5000
PP
QS Syn
Valvoline Synpower
Castrol Syntec
and all the other oils and Mobil 1 was the *ONLY* "one" that met their specs on performance and that is the only reason its recommended over the other brands.

If you really think this, I rest my case.

Bill

PS: I'm sure Mobil's Q&A web site (where they are so unbiased) and where they quote their marketing department points is purely just by luck.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Someone here needs to "get a clue" for sure.

Amsoil's white paper tests are done by an independent lab. Sorry if this bothers you more than TV commercials. Also, Amsoil is not sold via a "pyramid scheme".

Well, One does require to read something instead of just being fed it....
smirk2.gif

AND once someone posts that Amsoil is a Pyramid scheme I loose anything else they type as if you don't know that they are not, it shows me that you prob are biased or don't know the facts.

Do I sell Amsoil? No. Do I use it? In certain apps and when I have a problem with them, I'll post it. Just like my problems with Mobil I've posted them.

Most of the members here have not tried much of anything. They are fed the marketing and that is what they run. Why try anything else when what they are running is the "best"?

crackmeup2.gif

(I crack myself up)

Take care, Bill

Actually I think their Q&A is pretty good. Very thorough. At least Mobil isn't clogging the internet and telling people to think with their dipsticks while using their space age molecule oil with 200 x better wear protection.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1353523#Post1353523

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Synthetics/Mobil_1_Circle_of_Performance.aspx

Again, I'm not saying Mobil 1 is the best at all things. I'm just saying their marketing is not bad.

Honestly, Mobil's marketing is one of the reasons I like Mobil 1. Some will say I'm naive, but at the end of the day their OEM endorsements, specifications met and approach to marketing in general is way better than most if not all other oil marketers. Mobil tends to stay out of the silly oil "100 x better wear" wars. I don't necessarily think Mobil 1 is the best oil either.

(and we have gone around this before and its NOT personal)

Yeah, their Las Vegas Taxi test was factual and was serious marketing!

Nothing wrong with it.

And when they were selling Mobil 1 WITHOUT the API ring for months...

All oil companies are bad, some more than others.

Take care, Bill

Quote:
(and we have gone around this before and its NOT personal)

Yeah, their Las Vegas Taxi test was factual and was serious marketing!

Nothing wrong with it.

And when they were selling Mobil 1 WITHOUT the API ring for months...

All oil companies are bad, some more than others.

Take care, Bill

+1.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:
but their marketing tactics and dealer networks are so scummy I will never use their stuff.

I totally agree. Our customer interface is right down there with the dealer service adviser that tells you 3m/3k and sells you $100/hour service you don't need, the pimple faced kid at a number of auto parts stores, various quick lubes ..and, while a shinning knight of integrity, your Homer old boy racer that hasn't learned a thing about motor oils since the 70's. Our marketing distractions are equal to some crusty highlander smacking people on the arse with a dipstick and making sexual innuendo at the conclusions of our commercial for our high class and totally socialized audience, right up there with bathing cars in sludge ...running engines through a virtual shredder ...and showing golden mustangs emerging from the hood.

Some day we'll get some class to match the upstanding level of our audience.

thumbsup2.gif

I have no problems with Amsoil. I don't focus on the bad, I focus on the good. Do I use it? Not at the moment but have for many years in the past and could very well again in the future.

A summary for the hard-headed:

M1 = good
PP = good
Amsoil = good
Enter_your_favorite_oil_here = good

It's in the application and length of interval that they *might* differentiate. Capisce? Good!

Actually their Q&A is pretty good. At least Mobil isn't clogging the internet and telling people to think with their dipsticks while using their space age molecule oil with 200 x better wear protection.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1353523#Post1353523

I guess Mobil 1 doesn't work.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Synthetics/Mobil_1_Circle_of_Performance.aspx

Again, I'm not saying Mobil 1 is the best at all things. I'm just say'in.....

Let's see;

Factory recommended oil.. Again, I want to see the reports where Mobil 1 was better than Valvoline, Pennzoil, QS, and all the other oils in their tests BEFORE I believe this marketing "circle"...

On road Fleet tests..
crackmeup2.gif
Please! (there goes another marketing "circle" in my book)

Extreme engine testing... 99.8% of the engines out there are far from extreme. And far from needing extreme oil.

MotorSports.. I'm sure that Penske has off the shelf Mobil 1 (any weight) running in his engines for the Indy 500. (more marketing "circle")

Engine oil industry specs... Oops.. I guess if we forget their not meeting them according to some tests and Mobil 1 coming out without the industry spec on the bottles for months. (another "circle" with issues)

Take care, Bill

PS: and just for the record here, their (Mobil's) Las Vegas "real" world fleet test was the biggest joke that I've EVER seen out of a oil company in my book...

Mobil tends to stay out of the silly oil "100 x better wear" wars.

Well duh. They're product produces 8 times more wear and can't pass basic SAE engine tests!
crackmeup2.gif

The thread spoke about how Johnny saw most of the teams using off the shelf M1 oils in the cars racing in the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona. No one in the thread claimed that the Honda engines of the Penske team in Indy used reg. M1 oils.

Originally Posted By: hpichris
The thread spoke about how Johnny saw most of the teams using off the shelf M1 oils in the cars racing in the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona. No one in the thread claimed that the Honda engines of the Penske team in Indy used reg. M1 oils.

Mobil does..

Go ask them. They will even tell you the weight.

Next year, find out what they use in Helio's car and I'll bring the oil (or have Pat in Speedway help us out) watch them fill it up just before the race and lets see how that works for them.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: hpichris

Mobil does..

Go ask them. They will even tell you the weight.

Next year, find out what they use in Helio's car and I'll bring the oil (or have Pat in Speedway help us out) watch them fill it up just before the race and lets see how that works for them.

Bill

I would love to see that happen. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back