Question on using Fuel Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use FP will you ever have to clean the fuel system with anything else down the road? I have a Volvo I bought used with about 50,000 miles on it. Should I do a Techron cleaning 1st and then the FP? Thanks!

FP is a moderate cleaner and partial UCL. I would run a full tank of fuel with Techron using Top-Tier gas. Run until your system the low fuel light comes on then fill up with FP+ and your regular gas.

FP Plus is excellent stuff and will keep your engine clean, but if your engine is dirty inside it should be cleaned first IMO...

cheers3.gif

I would use a Techron cleaner or clone, then maybe the good FP as maintenance.
I don't use FP anymore.
MMO or 2 stroke oil in the fuel, with a yearly or bi-yearly bottle of Techron. I use mid or premium fuel with good cleaners.

If you use FP Plus or FP60 on every tank, you will never need to use another fuel system cleaner. This is why I use it. My '97 Camry V-6 had FP Plus in the tank for over 100,000 miles with no other cleaning of the fuel injectors. The inside of the engine and injectors were squeaky clean at 200K when the head was removed to adjust the valves.

You still need to occasionally clean the throttle body (air) side.

For the engine cleanliness, I ran Auto-Rx then Red Line oil. I would use one Auto-Rx cycle for the engine cleaning.

In the last few years, some people on this site have become increasingly hostile to FP and Auto-Rx. I don't know why. They are top notch products.

Last edited:
hehe i also use Redline SI-1 every 4K and Shell 93 exclusv

and 3 oz ARx. 101K - what i can see thru the valve cover looks like clean metal, no varnish even

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back