Kendall oil GOOD OR??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oreilly has Kendall GT-1 motor oil part synthatic for a good price. Is this good oil for a 3-6k mile run. im sure 3k is fine. but anyone have anyexperiance with this. thanks

Since it is made by ConocoPhillips it must be pretty close to Motorcraft Full Synthetic. If not virtually identical. If you look at how awesome Motorcraft Syn-Blend performs, you have to figure the GT-1 can only be better still, given it's a fully synthetic version of the same.

If you get a good deal on it grab it. I'm sure it is the equal of Pennzoil Platinum or Valvoline Synpower.

I would say its the same as regular Motorcraft (not full synthetic). A very good oil.

Oh my mistake. I thought the OP was speaking of the full synthetic Kendall. I misread the post sorry.

Good stuff. Having used motorcraft full syn, which is basically the same blend from Conoco I've seen good results. You can use it with confidence.

Run to your local Advance. You MAY still find it being discontinued at .95 a quart. Get the 10.00 off coupon form the sale section... I got 24 quarts of 5-30 Kendall and a soda for 15.00 and change.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Run to your local Advance. You MAY still find it being discontinued at .95 a quart. Get the 10.00 off coupon form the sale section... I got 24 quarts of 5-30 Kendall and a soda for 15.00 and change.

would be a great idea, except i think the closes advance is like three and a half away and two states over

Originally Posted By: Petrou
Oreilly has Kendall GT-1 motor oil part synthatic for a good price. Is this good oil for a 3-6k mile run. im sure 3k is fine. but anyone have anyexperiance with this. thanks

Its in my Dad's Lesabre right now, QS filter. Working great!!!

Goodyear shop has been using Kendall in my fleet issue drives for about twenty years now. Have allways liked it better than the V oil shop, or the Iffy lube that say they use P oil but really use Brad Penn. Only thing I like better is the Ford Motorcraft oil and filter at the Ford dealer. CP makes some fine engine oils.

I was looking for the GT-1 High Mileage syn blend yesterday at O'Reilly... They didn't have any but I noticed the High Performance syn blend was priced at $2.99/qt.

I think I'll probably just get a 5 qt. jug of MaxLife syn blend at Walmart for $14... That's only about $2.80/qt.

Last edited:
Our mechanic uses it because of the price he buys it in bulk. We had our CRV ran on it until we sold it 50K later, and it was butter smooth. I think we were doing roughly 4K intervals on it. Not that it couldnt go longer, just with the warrante bit.

Good oil anyway, Id use it if I could get it easily!

Originally Posted By: 94MaxGXE
Goodyear shop has been using Kendall in my fleet issue drives for about twenty years now. Have allways liked it better than the V oil shop, or the Iffy lube that say they use P oil but really use Brad Penn. Only thing I like better is the Ford Motorcraft oil and filter at the Ford dealer. CP makes some fine engine oils.

So does Firestone places around Rhode Island atleast. All they use is Kendall GT-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back