General Evertreck HP and RT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only seen these and Canadian Tire.
No reference to them on General's website.
Anyone have any experience with them.
They look an awful lot like the Altimax line with a modified tread.
Anyone?

Never seen them. But if I were looking I'd consider them! I bought my first set of Generals about a year ago and got one heck of a deal on them. Treadepot was running a $75 off a set of four. (was supposed to only work on $400 and up I think, I didn't know at the time.) And General had a $50 Visa card rebate on the Altimax at the same time. I then sold the 4 goodyears that had 60% or better on them for $30. I think my final out of pocket was about $38. My car takes a smaller 14" size and they have only been running about $200 or so a set.
grin2.gif

I didn't care about how good they were for that price, But after a year of driving on them they've showed very little wear. They hold fair on a wet road. Road noise is less than the goodyears as well.

Agreed with soldierman also.
Not specifically to the OP's query but I got the General Altimax HP having never bought any Generals or ever knew anything about Generals.

Same experience as soldierman- after a year of driving on them they've showed very little wear. Outstanding performance price ratio.

Really impressed with Generals as a brand.

Last edited:
I purchased a set of Altimax HP's a few weeks ago. I've been very pleased with them so far, especially for the price I paid.

Are there any internal construction differences?
Or is it simply different name and tread?

Just looked at an image of the Evertrek RT. I like the tread on it better than my Altimax RT. It has more siping and would probably perform better in light snow.

I put Altimax RT's on my '06 Impala 18,000 miles/14 months ago. They have worn evenly, however are down to 7/32"'s tread depth after only 18,000 miles. Considering they started with 11/32's, they are not going to come anywhere near their 70,000 mile treadwear warranty.

The Altimax RT's are being replaced by November as it is. They are dangerous in even a dusting of snow, and have also become noticeably louder despite regular rotation and proper tire pressure since installed. They spin easily on wet pavement from a standstill, but channel water well once up to speed. The Altimax's flatspot overnight, and are very sensitive to temperature. They perform best in the Summer months, but the compound that General uses becomes very hard and slick in temperatures below 40 degrees F. They ride like rocks in the winter.

Probably going to go with either Pirelli P4's or BFGoodrich Advantage T/A's. The Advantage T/A is a new tire, and the Altimax was new when I bought it, so the Pirelli may be the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back