High Efficiency Wix/Napa Gold filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a Napa Gold/Wix oil filter for a Dodge 5500 2 ton. The Wix site says is fits 6.7 Cummins 3500,4500, & 5500. It has the filter number 57620XE and the site says it can be used insted of the regular number 57620. The XE filters down to 14 microns and the regular down to 20 microns.

My questions are; does anyone know what filter medium is in the XE?

Will Wix/Nappa Gold be producing these XE filters to fit more cars and trucks?

I have understood that Wix makes the high efficency Amsoil filters and I wondered if these XE Wix/Napa are the same or close?

The XE and XD offerings are wire/glass media.

I doubt it.

Wix makes some of the filters sold by Amsoil.

The XE and XD line of WIX has been around much longer than their relationship with Amsoil. I don't know if WIX makes the bypass filter for Amsoil.

Speaking of the bypass, have you laid your hands on one of those EABP120's by-pass filters? I just got 2 of those kits for a trucker and man are the 120's big filters, they weigh nearly 5lbs.

According to the wix website and the beta ratio they list, the 57620xe gets 95% of 20 micron and 50% of 14 micron. The fleetguard is an LF16035 which is a stratapore media filter. We run some stratapore filters on the skid-steers on our farm. Do about 500 hour change intervals on those and the oil doesn't look too bad.

I sent a question in to fleetguard and found the stratapore filters are 99% efficient at 30 micron and 85% efficient at 10 micron. Not too bad.

Originally Posted By: sdan27
stratapore filters are 99% efficient at 30 micron and 85% efficient at 10 micron. Not too bad.

H ell no not bad at all!!,glad i can get em for $8 for my app.
20.gif

Originally Posted By: sdan27
I sent a question in to fleetguard and found the stratapore filters are 99% efficient at 30 micron and 85% efficient at 10 micron. Not too bad.

You should have asked at what flow rate. Diesel oil filters are measured using two standard tests using two different flow rates.

When I looked up the numbers for the Donaldson filters I was VERY impressed. I posted them here a while back.

Since the SYNTEQ filters and the STRATAPORE filters have very similar, if not identical media, I'd be surprised if their efficiency was not close to identical as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back