mmo application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone use mmo thru the intake like seafoam . Are the cleaning aspects similar between the two to warrant mmo application like seafoam ? Also does using seafoam in the fuel and not in the oil still necessitate an oil change ?

I havent used MMO like seafoam, i use the seafoam to clean the intake and fuel system, but i use the MMO for maintaince. You dont need to change the oil if adding seafoam to the gas.

I add MMO to my gas all the time, i also add MMO to my oil a few miles before an oil change.

>> Water is good for this application.

Aaaaaa.... What was that again?

By the way, Seafoam works great, I don't know about MMO in the intake, and water???? I'm not raising my hand to support that one.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Water works very well through the intake to clean the combustion chambers. The hotter the water the better.

+1 odds are MMO through a vacuum line will throw a smoke cloud that would be beyond belief. It will foul the plugs out too.

I have read that water can be misted in thru the carb . Is it better to go thru the pcv with water ? I think I may try seafoam after trying water . I sucked in about 2 oz of liquid wrench thru the pcv this morning no smoke but the rpm's dropped a bit . I have sprayed it in to 3 spark plug holes and will crank it over tomorrow . Is it necessary to pull the other 3 plugs before turning the motor or just disconnect the wires ?

Is seafoam good in the gas tank or just better as a fast clean thru the intake ?
My motor is pretty shot so a little experimenting is more of a hobby at this point .
Thanks for the tips I appreciate it .

I just did a 3 day piston soak with mmo , liquid wrench and atf. . Started the engine and could not believe the smoke . I lost sight of my neighbors house ,no joke . I had to retreat back inside the house because most of their windows were open . I will take it for a spin later when it is dark .

Wind direction was the last thing on my mind when doing this .
Happy 4'th to everyone .

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
+1 odds are MMO through a vacuum line will throw a smoke cloud that would be beyond belief. It will foul the plugs out too.

I actually tried it, out of curiosity, before I changed my plugs. Smoke was enough to have the neighbours rushing in with fire extinguishers.
LOL.gif
But this is what it looked like after 20 minutes or so of idling: MMO through vacuum lines

The more you rev, the more the smoke. Took about half an hour of driving, with lots of WOT runs, to get rid of it. No ill effects afterwards, but there was no point to it, either.

Water through the carb or throttle body has a better chance of being equally distributed to each cylinder. Also, water through the carb can kill the engine unless you are really attentive.
But use what you can .

Fish an extended centrally located vacuum line through the cowl into the passenger compartment and do it while driving down the road under load. Use your agent of choice.

Funny, Gary you do not tell peole to use Amsoil Power Foam. Light years above MMO in the intake...Gee whiz.

MMO is too mild to be used that way.
Add it to your fuel.
Use an inverse oiler for eternal low dosage as prevention.

Steam is the best. Seafoam, or something better like injector cleaner, would be great. If its too oily, it'll smoke too much and not clean too well. It needs to be more of a solvent.

Might add any of the outboard motor cleaner to your list, OMC tune -up, quicksilver mecury etc, yamalube ring free, most are far more concentrated than seafoam.

Well I drove the van a few times and the smoke has subsided . No real changes to note . The MMO in my gas helps keep the noise from the engine down a bit .

I did have to drain a little over a quart from the oil as all of the stuff I poured in the spark plug holes made it's way down to the pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back