Mobil 1 better cleaner than AutoRx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
"every time I think about the Brokerage it makes me very..."

But you do have FREE healthcare.... LOL

The brokerage fee is a UPS ripoff, what REALLY burns me is when you pay a brokerage fee on a duty free item.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
"every time I think about the Brokerage it makes me very..."

But you do have FREE healthcare.... LOL

I hope you're joking!
smirk2.gif
And I never said "Free" health care I know I pay excess taxes for it and have always stated such.

Last edited:
Speaking of RX I went to look at a BMW 330 CI in Melbourne yesterday so thought I'd experiment a little. Already had 12oz RX in the sump but threw in another half bottle (6oz) and hit the road. 24hrs, and 840 miles later the old Mazda runs better but the oil is a strange colour. First time I have run such a strong dose. Will investigate tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Speaking of RX I went to look at a BMW 330 CI in Melbourne yesterday so thought I'd experiment a little. Already had 12oz RX in the sump but threw in another half bottle (6oz) and hit the road. 24hrs, and 840 miles later the old Mazda runs better but the oil is a strange colour. First time I have run such a strong dose. Will investigate tomorrow.

Oh boy, Frank is ANGRY my friend! LOL...He has stated time and time again that people need to follow his web instructions...Duck dude!!!! LOL LOL

Originally Posted By: es350
Originally Posted By: sprintman

Oh boy, Frank is ANGRY my friend! LOL...He has stated time and time again that people need to follow his web instructions...Duck dude!!!! LOL LOL

Frank just wants maximum customer satisfaction and the lowest incidence of customer dissatisfaction. I'm sure that there are plenty of ways to use Auto-Rx that may produce favorable results.

As a vendor and giving recommendations/instructions ..just where do you stop and how many scenarios are you to ponder/construct/configure while trying to satisfy the most people over the broadest span of needs?

Gary Allan Frank just wants maximum customer satisfaction and the lowest incidence of customer dissatisfaction. I'm sure that there are plenty of ways to use Auto-Rx that may produce favorable results. As a vendor and giving recommendations/instructions ..just where do you stop and how many scenarios are you to ponder/construct/configure while trying to satisfy the most people over the broadest span of needs? [/quote said:
I agree; First is be nice and show how you came up with the instructions.

#2 is where do you stop? Easy, test it correctly and then sell. This is why lawnmowers need sticker for hands...

On the flip side, if you did not overhype it, you are cool. Then again, general public is well, ..:)

Frank will tell you if you ask him. He started off at, iirc, 500 miles. As oils advanced in longevity, he moved the mileage up. People are hard to please. Some want it over with quickly. More think it uses too much oil for the process. After testing it out, he came up with (basically) 3k/3k ..and go about your business. Since many are used to 3k (there abouts) this satisfied the most people in terms of seamless usability. For those wanting more immediate results, he tested double doses for shorter durations and found it acceptable for getting many of the benefits without the protracted process.

Again, Frank doesn't know the condition of your engine. So there's an uncertainty factor that has to be weighed in the mix where you want a long enough duration to assure adequate dwell time, while not going too long with a filter that may be plugged. If the owners knows that he's got a heavy deposit condition, the instructions state that an intermediate filter change is recommended.

He's explored many scenarios of time, mileage, and dosage and configured the instructions for the broadest customer base while providing the most satisfaction in performance.

What he doesn't want is anybody doing anything (we're talking inexperienced ..or first time user) ..not getting what they expected and complaining that it didn't work as promised.

Sprintman has been playing with this stuff for years on a wide variety of applications. His experience has led him to taking the latitudes he does with the product. This is a big departure from Frank saying "Go ahead and freelance Auto-Rx into your own image of how it should work. I can't tell you how to use the stuff ..it's all in your hands."
grin2.gif

People need simplicity and Frank has bent over backwards to try and streamline this into an easy package, but no matter how he fashions it, there are still legions of people with niche circumstances and exceptional conditions.

It's a challenge to configure a "one size fits all" in a nation of individuals that only consult the instructions when all else fails (raises guilty hand)
grin2.gif

Thankyou. Frank is in constant contact on a personal level and knows I have more 'real world' experience than most will ever encounter. I am playing with all parameters of the RX experience and will continue to do so, as is my wan't. I get fabulous results but I do NOT follow the std instructions. This is not a dig at Frank and Co, who I have the most respect for, but is as result of many years of product testing. I purchase RX by the case (24 bottles) now, and few people if anybody are going to duplicate what I do. The right oil, long hot runs, and extended cleans are the go for RX. Best automotive product ever and that's an understatement, but my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Hey guys, I lurk on here most of the time b/c I'm trying to learn before I make a fool of myself. I managed to get through about 30 pages of this crazy thread contemplating what I should do. I bought a used vehicle recently and although it has low miles (22k when purchased) the maintenance is questionable. At best I am assuming 7k mile OCI's w/ conventional oil and a Fram filter. This kind of worries me coupled w/ the fact that the engine should take 5 qts. to read full on the dipstick, but takes less than 4 1/2 on the 2 changes I've done. I believe this makes me a prime candidate for AutoRX and plan to give it a go on my next change. I'm currently running RP and a purone filter on a shortened interval due to it being the first run for this vehicle on synthetic and I'm kind of scared what will drain out. After reading the earlier post about a guy who had a friend w/ Chevy that took 5 qts when it should of taken 6 and then having all that sludge come out I'm almost scared to use AutoRX.

I'd run a few short OCIs of synthetic before formulating a game plan. See what drains out. It might be much ado about nothing. Have you considered dropping the pan and seeing what's in there or removing the valve covers to see what's up? Or perhaps a UOA on the synthetic to see how things are wearing? Honestly, I'd doubt there's much wrong with just 22K on the clock, even if the OCIs were 7K.

What kind of vehicle are we talking about here? I doubt it matters much but, do you have any idea what the average driving conditions were with the PO? Was the vehicle often driven on longer highway trips or shorter, slower ones? Longer trips at highway speed would be better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back