Fram oil filter for wife's Mercedes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tornado Red
Now you have 7500 miles to decide if you really want to protect that MB with Motorcraft oil and Fram filters. They might work for you... but if you decide to sell the M-class, what will you tell the prospective buyer about maintenance? And will that buyer be impressed with your oil choice, conventional instead of synthetic, Fram instead of MANN or Mahle or even Wix?

I really don't care what a prospective buyer's opinion of my maintenance choices is. I do what I do, and live with the outcome.

It seems like at every repair shop I have worked at, their store brand filters are almost always made in Korea, and in filters like yours, the ends have something that resembles hot glue.

It makes me think there is one factory in Korea that builds a generic filter, and a dozen replacement parts companies write their name on that filter.

Why would Walmart carry an oil filter for a Mercedes? This is the craziest thing I have heard. How many people with Mercedes actually shop at Walmart, and how many are DIY'ers?

The only thing I can think of is that the Filter Cartridge fits more than just this vehicle...

21.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Why would Walmart carry an oil filter for a Mercedes? This is the craziest thing I have heard. How many people with Mercedes actually shop at Walmart, and how many are DIY'ers?

Go find a Wal Mart in the nice part of town and count the cars. Maybe Wal Mart helps them to afford the Mercedes....
wink.gif

As a matter of fact, each Wal Mart is specifically tailored to their target demagraphic for their area.

And so is K-Mart. Also, at least at K-Mart, the prices reflect their locale. We have one in a very wealthy neighborhood and one in a poorer area. The prices are tuned to reflect that. Since they are both about equidistant, I will go to the one with the lower prices. More specials and a bit lower prices on smoe items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back